Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic hardware manufacturer

Options
  • 25-10-2007 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am doing a business plan for a subject in my final year course, and I have to do some research on how much my proposed product would cost, could anyone direct me to an electronic hardware manufacturer who I could request a price from? I don't know the first step in doing this, google isn't spitting out any helpful links.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

When you say electronic hardware manufacturer, you'll need to be more specific....

Are you looking for someone to make / assemble a product?
    Are you looking for someone to make / assemble a PCB?

Do you want them to develop/design/test the product?

Are you looking for a company that already has a similar product developed?

Are you looking to get an idea on how much a product will cost to make?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Sorry, yeah should've been more specific.

I would like to find a manufacturer that will assemble a product and get a price quoted to make said product in large quantities.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I guess these days i guess most people would be looking to china for anything like that... i don't think there is any company in Ireland that would be able to do this for you...

Its also very hard to get estimates for anything product like that....

Sorry i can't be of any more help...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

have a peek at http://www.diytrade.com - Chinese based manufacturers and distributors.

While some of the companies on it only deal in individual components, some have websites links and manufacturing plants for assembly, and all are eager for business, and happily give you prices. Alot of these guys also use MSN or skype so it can make life handy if your trying to get instant answers.

Best thing to do is do a search for similar products and work from there :) hope it helps you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Thanks deevey and DublinDilbert. but we were told to make up something that hasn't been done before for this project, and my team did(Bluetooth based memory stick device), so there isn't much similar products out there to research. Will have a look at that link.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

maybe have a look at www.alibaba.com ?

Advertisement