Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Renault Laguna 1.5 DCi

Options
  • 25-10-2007 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭

Saw a new model Laguna today, this car has been slated for its looks but I think it looks OK. Certainly above average for its class. More compact looking than many of the others in this class and it also has lighter kerb weight (good for economy and perfromance)

In some ways the front styling reminds me of the classic Studebaker Avanti :eek:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=832306

The big news with the car is the 3 year/100,000 mile warranty and the 1.5 DCi 109 bhp engine. The price for the base model DCi is supposed to be around 26.5k and its not a stripped out poverty spec either. If the price is correct it is undercutting every other diesel in this class from major manufacturers by a big margin. I think the cheapest Passat 1.9 TDi (105 bhp) is 29.5k and the Peugeot 407 1.6 HDi (110 bhp) is 29.

The 1.5 in the Laguna also has CO2 emissions of about 136 and average claimed mpg of 55.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Gets beer, reclines armchair, and sits back ready for the artillery to arrive.

INCOMING! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Out on the road or in the showroom? Been waiting to see one in the flesh. At the moment its between this and a grnd Scenic when the missus changes her 00 scenic, she just has to decide how many seats she needs. Renault site still has the old one up. Starting price is supposed to be €26k ish for the 1.5 , very doable.

I liked it from the pics so I doubt I'm going dislike it when I see it.

Oh and Junkyard, before you click that reply button, jog on. People arent asking for "advice" or your opinion on Renault in General so there isnt really anything left for you to see.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

i thought that was the C5 for a second, they're very similar and very bland.

citrenzm7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Saw it on the N4 near Liffey Valley, maybe the garage out there has a demo one. It has grown slightly compared to the current model but looks compact compared to bloated Passat, new Mondeo, 407 new Mazda 6 etc. I see this as an advantage but other may have the opposite view.

BrianD3 wrote: »
    Saw it on the N4 near Liffey Valley, maybe the garage out there has a demo one. It has grown slightly compared to the current model but looks compact compared to bloated Passat, new Mondeo, 407 new Mazda 6 etc. I see this as an advantage but other may have the opposite view.

I'll have to get myself up to Liffey Valley Renault tomorow to have a look see, and maybe a drive if they let me. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

I see that they have gone back to the old style hand brake, kind of liked the electronic one on the last model. I have always been a huge fan of the old one for its style and so wanted to buy one but ,with all the bad reports on them I have always opted out. which is a pity as to this day I still am trying to convince myself to buy one but keep think of resale and trouble they seem to give. As for the new model I hope these are sorted out. I still prefer the current model, but will hold off a little until I see one up close and maybe take one for a spin. P.S. I think I might have seen one of these the other day in Limerick, if it was one it looked like a saloon and it looked hot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Are there exclusion zones on the motors forum now Stekelly? If only Renault could scare away the critics like your trying to they'd have it made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

1.5 diesel sounds interesting and if the Government sticks to changing VRT on emissions in the upcoming budget it will be a best seller here.

junkyard wrote: »
    Are there exclusion zones on the motors forum now Stekelly? If only Renault could scare away the critics like your trying to they'd have it made.

Just on people whos sole purpose of posting on certain threads is to offer the "advice" of how bad a certain make is, when nobody asked. Some lesser minds call those people trolls.

just apply the "if you've nothing nice to say....." line of thinking unless someone asks for advice or an opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Just because you don't like what I have to say about Renaults doesn't mean you can order me off the pitch as it were, it is an open forum is it not? I've offered plenty of helpful advice and assistance to people who requested it over the years on Boards.ie. If I find a car to be good I'll praise it but if I find a car to be a lemon I'll let people know.......it's as simple as that really, I'm sure you understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Renault have spent an absolute fortune making sure any faults from the previous model were eliminated - mainly the electrical ones and the new diesel engine is apparently the mutt's nuts. Won't be rushing out to buy one for now though...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

they said that about the last model too. Fiat said it about the Bravo and Stilo.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I reckon the 1.5 DCi will be a big seller here especially if or when they start tinkering with VRT and Motor Tax.

Slightly OT but is it me or are small engines with above average performance the latest craze now especially among European car makers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

bazz26 wrote: »
    Slightly OT but is it me or are small engines with above average performance the latest craze now especially among European car makers?
    Sounds like the craze the Japanese makers went thru in the 90s!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Stekelly wrote: »
    Just on people whos sole purpose of posting on certain threads is to offer the "advice" of how bad a certain make is, when nobody asked. Some lesser minds call those people trolls.

just apply the "if you've nothing nice to say....." line of thinking unless someone asks for advice or an opinion.

Trolling would be baiting someone to make a comment....;)

If all you want is platitudes don't use the interent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I reckon the 1.5 DCi will be a big seller here especially if or when they start tinkering with VRT and Motor Tax.

Emissions and economy are big sellers. Then you've got VRT and road tax. So therefore...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

The laguna headlights put the ug in ugly. But the 3 year warranty is excellent. Next years mazda 6 is a bit better looking imho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

EU emissions targets are driving the change to smaller capacity engines with turbos to boost efficiency and performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

i thought that was the C5 for a second, they're very similar and very bland.

citrenzm7.jpg

How on earth is that bland looking! ??

Its very overstyled and strking looking - im not saying it looks nice but its certainly not bland!

sure look at the Passat , A4 etc theyre designed using rulers!

Advertisement