Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evo 2008 - Yay or Nay?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

got two copies of it today (one each for me a nd my brother)

Played a couple of exhibitions on my console, (having set the console to 720 and installing the game) at the Orange Areana, with stadium effects turned off. Noticed a tiny bit of lag for about 2 seconds in one of the games. Rest of it ran smoothly. Wasn't a great fan of the way it played.

Then brought my brothers copies round to his, installed, set to 720, played a few games against him, and it was smooth as you like too. Played some great matches too - great fun, played an England vs Argentina game which is possible the most fun match i've had playing Pro Evo in ages.

I'm liking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Its been fun to play so far.

We had one funny bit at one stage where Doyle scored and ran into the crowd and disappearred. Pretty funny at the time. :lol: Its probably a bug or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lucky ba*tards getting to play it. Not out here til next Friday :(

On the brightside online might be working by then.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Played a few games of it there on the 360. I think i'll grow to love it but i'm crap at it at the moment, too used to fifa

Lag in the online match I played was very bad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Fairly disappointed with the PS3 version myself. Looks great , like the new AI but the skipping on a next gen console is ridiculous! Its not unplayable, but very annoyed with konami! Replays are very laggy , but i'd live with that if game play was fine. Commentating is useless in my opinion "they've put in alot of effort in training lately, training twice a day which some player have been moaning about but it seems to be paying off" or something like that has been said 3 times in 10 matches, and it should never be said... its terrible commentating!. Pc version only runs on low on my laptop this year around, which appeared that all players have black hair(possibly my no-cd hack dont really no). My only hope is that it runs well on my pc at home(which it should)... but i'm far from a happy camper!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Every single match the guy says "they say you should treat the ball like a friend"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

played a few gsmes now online on 360, the lag is very bad. with ball disappearing reapearing in other parts of the pitch. hope they can address this soon. other than that it not too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

It's pretty awful on the PS3 guys. Gameplay is superb and the animations look great, but the slowdown is really killing me. So disappointed in it at the moment. Playing it on a standard tv but to be honest that shouldn't affect slowdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

The replays on the PS3 are bad but the game is good.....more arcade than last year although the inability to get the ball back from the opposition will lead to dribble addicts and plenty of 10-5 games online.

I think Seabass gave the game away when he talked up next years game ahead of this one. I never heard such damning previews to a Pr Evo game.
    This is the stepping stone to the mecca which will be Pro Evo 2009 on the PS3 NEXT year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Please can anyone recommend a controller for PC PES2008, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

I heard the XBox conntroller can be used on PC, is it good?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I hate to say this but.... some of the very odd ball physics (at times it doen't decelerate properly) reminds me of playing a demo for FIFA07. It moves like a snooker or hockey ball at times.

Nah, that part of the game is perfect. Just because you press X or triangle and it doesn't reach the feet of your player doesn't mean the physics are all off. You have to be precise in your passing this time around, unlike the last version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

The replays on the PS3 are bad but the game is good.....more arcade than last year although the inability to get the ball back from the opposition will lead to dribble addicts and plenty of 10-5 games online.

I think Seabass gave the game away when he talked up next years game ahead of this one. I never heard such damning previews to a Pr Evo game.
    This is the stepping stone to the mecca which will be Pro Evo 2009 on the PS3 NEXT year.

more than likely 2009 will be a stepping stone to 2010, Seabass talked the same ****e before last years pro evo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Nah, that part of the game is perfect. Just because you press X or triangle and it doesn't reach the feet of your player doesn't mean the physics are all off. You have to be precise in your passing this time around, unlike the last version.
    Thats the biggest difference Ive noticed is that your really have to be spot on with your passing in this version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

lads its almost comically bad this year, like allot of people iv had ridiculous high scoring games, on and off line, first game against my mate was 7-5, never have we had such a high scoring game, its stupidly easy to score and beat people, i did read a review that was spot on refferring to the average players being able to go on crazy long runs.

i know it takes getting used to but really it doesnt bode well. it's nigh on impossible to defend, but like i said it's too easy to score, it wasnt that hard last year so why they needed to change it i dont know. does it remind anyone else of pro evo 4? a la long mazy runs?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I'm debating with myself weather to get it for PS2 or PC, I was always a PS2 Pes player but want to play with some board boys this year.But don't think my PC has the right spec.

Gief spec for PES

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

xbox live version of PES08 is a joke, cant see a thing when the opposition have the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Konami are putting out a patch for PS3 and 360 online play, but tbh why didnt they just test the effin servers and avoid this whole mess?

Every year there is SOMETHING that needs fixing, Konami are a bit of a shambles at preparing and testing.

I played offline with my mates and we all loved it so much, they refused to leave my house because it was just so much fun, but then i took it online and its a completley different game, my first 3 games were 7-2, 5-3 and 7-5! wtf...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Played it for about 3 hours today on the 360, have to say its class. Its a strange step from last years version but it is still very very good. As has been said, you have to be very exact with your passing and its too easy to go on long runs with every player(had Makelele run nearly the length of the pitch earlier) but its especially easy with the likes of Henry etc.

The gameplay is brilliant though which is what PES has always been about, cant wait to get it online(once they've fixed it)

• Advertisement

Mazy run thing last about 4 hours last night then the PHB style of play came into it "skin me and die"

Played till 7 am this morning after mucho beers, damn good game but finding the **** teams really are **** and i will struggle to win games with them.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭earthworms

anybody know can you dive on the ps2 version? I cant find out how to do it

L1 L2 and r1

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

earthworms wrote: »
    anybody know can you dive on the ps2 version? I cant find out how to do it

No dive on the ps2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 CHICO FUENTES

Its a nay from me until they fix the lag. Having been a PES fanboy for the last 6 titles, I've gotten sick to the back teeth of Konami's output lately. This year my vote goes to FIFA08. Never thought I'd be saying this but FIFA has come a long way whereas PES havent really moved an inch.

And how does that make Fifa a better game?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I have Fifa 08 and I got this pile of poo today, seriously I loved Pro Evo 4 and 5, then on the Xbox360 was just not up to it and then this game just doesn't come near Fifa, as for teh online play...... well lets just Konami obviously didn't test it on the PS3 its unplayable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

ShaneU wrote: »
    why the hell does the ps2 version have 11 more stadiums than any of the other versions?

What? It has the same amount as 360

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Well Fifa allowed you to play a feature that most people only want to play games for thesedays....online

Pro evo will be more fun once its sorted but you can't defend what's going on at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

because while pro evo stood still fifa passed it out

Advertisement