Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evo 2008 - Yay or Nay?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

i beat my mate 9-2

i think that clearly makes me better than everyone at everything ever

true story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

random abuse

I think someone needs to calm down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

improve your defending :)

ha, i did , tried playing on line last night only managed two games with clean sheets before i nearly broke the screen with lag rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Got it yesterday, brought Ireland to a World Cup semi final, absolutely love the game, best PES yet. Really puts the emphasis on possesion and making the correct choices when passing.

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭hotnipples

Are the replays chug city on the 360 too?

Played a bit of this on a friends PS3 and those replay framerates are a disgrace. I was thinking "ok thats fine as long as the gameplay stays smooth" and then to find that without fail, if there is a lot of action in the box the game will chug. That really isn't good enough for hardware like the PS3, pure lazy game development - obviously rushed out to compete with FIFA 2008 and not worth the price tag.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Nay so far on ps2 for me but that may change didnt like the last one at the start either. Too easy to score imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Diddymau

whats the story with the xbox live play??? the amount of lag!!! and the ball disappears and moves around the screen randomly!!! and 1 time the ball was in the back o the net for minute and a half wit the keeper diving on it to try "save" it but it was stuck!!! the goal wudnt register!!! any 1 else having troubli wit the online play on 360???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

I didnt think there was much difference between this one & PES6 expcept for the speed & the fact the refs are even worse than they were in PES5.

Still Pretty good tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

played an online game today and it was awful, scored 2 ogs some how and put the ball in the oppenets net when after a min the ball was up my end of the field! (ask my bro if you dont believe me!) . Got 2 back in the second half .. then scored in injury time, excellent 3-2 , then the guy disconected the game.. counts that i won it 3 - 0, but the lag crippled the game at times!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

I originally voted Yay for PC but the more I play the more I dis-like the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

First impressions are as follows (on Xbox)
    + The game flows quite well and the buttons feel responsive most of the time.
    + It's quicker than PES 6
    + The shooting seems easier

- The commentary is appalling, worse than usual for a PES game. At half time it says 'the match is nearly over', when you're 5-0 up with 2 minutes left on the clock it says 'they really need to get something from this attack or the game is beyond their reach'. Mark Lawrenson - enough said.
    - The Pinball deflection system: goalies parry a low power shot and it bounces back out to the edge of the area at twice the speed it came in, usually to an attacker.
    - The dreadful framerate in the Replays: It makes it look like they made the game go faster by chopping out intermediate frames, and when you play it back in slow motion it shows up all the missing frames. Very poor show.
    - The passing is a bit dodgy at times: instead of the simple slide through pass to your player running forwards you directed them to do it plays a backwards ball.
    - The Computer controlled players on your team can be a bit thick. They don't always follow you on a forward run, so you're on your own with no one to pass to. Or they'll come running into you and the ball will be knocked miles away (usually to an opponent)

Overall, while I'm somewhat disappointed with it I find myself drawn on to keep playing more than I was with Fifa 08. With Fifa 08 I always felt that I was fighting against the controls to get the players to do anything - PES at least the controls appear to respond fairly quickly and generally are OK.

I'll hold off on voting Yay or Nay until I've played it more - at the moment it's a Yay-ish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Wow. Thats almost exactly how I feel about the two games Fifa & PES. I really do feel that Fifa is too slow and PES is too fast.

Fifa is like you said. A battle with the controls.

Both have some positives and but both have some major negatives.

Advertisement