Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Martin Jol sacked!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Leeds deny the reports that Poyet will be the assistant manager.

Is that Clive Allen the ITV commentator that was in caretaker charge of the team a few years ago? Or is Clive Allen someone totally different?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Martin Jol and Chris Hughton for Ireland I think it could work!

Fair play to Martin he never told the players about leaving until after the game. He is a decent manager who was undermind from the beginning of the season with that FAT CXNT Kemsley meeting Ramos in Spain with that French PR!CK Camoli along for the ride!
    When Spurs went two goals down tonight ITV cut to Levy and Kemsley and they were both sharing a giggle, seriously the board should be thrown out of WHL, they got ride of the most successful managers since Bill Nicholson, shame on them!

Ok. That explains a lot now. I was wondering:
    a) Who the fuk they were and
    b) What was so amusing!

Muppets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

If Hughton is in charge of defensive coaching then he has a lot to answer for. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Jol is class on gift grub !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O7d6qIiQGU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Is that Clive Allen the ITV commentator that was in caretaker charge of the team a few years ago?

Yes.

He is reserve team manager at Spurs, played for us for 3 and a bit years in the 80s and holds the record for goals scored in one season at the club (49 in season 86/86).

He is also a cousin of former Spurs winger Paul Allen and former Leicester manager Martin Allen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Yes.

He is reserve team manager at Spurs, played for us for 3 and a bit years in the 80s and holds the record for goals scored in one season at the club (49 in season 86/86).

He is also a cousin of former Spurs winger Paul Allen and former Leicester manager Martin Allen.

Doesn't he have the title of 'head of foootball development'..and his younger brother Bradley Allen played for QPR didn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

I wonder if Ramos will bring Kanoute back with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I wonder can Ramos make a 4-3-3 with 3 strikers up front work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Only if he manages to get that bunch that they have there to do a bit of defending.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Only if he manages to get that bunch that they have there to do a bit of defending.

Would imagine he bring Navarro with him dodgy as **** but class centreback :confused: Should fit right in :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

id say ramos and poyet cud be in place within a week r so think the board could have it already sorted it has been brewing 4 a while.does anyone think he wud raid sevilla for a few players

yabadabado wrote: »
    id say ramos and poyet cud be in place within a week r so think the board could have it already sorted it has been brewing 4 a while

What?

kdjac

saw a report earlier on today saying poyet wont be attending the leeds match at wend because of the uncertainty surrounding his future.ramos seems to really want the spurs job so it cud be a case of spurs/seville sorting out compensation

ok lol that makes sense, damn text speak.

Poyet was in spain for 8 years or so, imagine Ramos sees him as his angle to the game in england. Poyet knows his **** hes is brilliant on la liga.

kdjac

sorry about the txt speak bad habit.yeah poyet was wit zaragoza for 7/8 years they loved him over there.wonder does ramos speak english that cud be a part of it.

• Advertisement

http://www.juanderamos.com/

what do you think :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah he's got all his training badges now and speaks 4 languages, he won't be attending the Leeds game (if he does come it will be interesting to see how the Little Taxi Puncher Wise gets on without him)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

d22ontour wrote: »

Wonder did John Delany have a quick word;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Have to say I'll miss Jol, he seemed a good character. And I like hearing dutch people shpeak, they shound sho cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

looks like hes only after quitting cause he wants his family to move to London....doesn't necessarily mean he's joining spurs ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

apparently - according to ssn this morning on soccer saturday - when jol left he was speaking with berb and berb said, "you deserve a bigger club and so do I."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Skud wrote: »
    apparently - according to ssn this morning - when jol left he was speaking with berb and berb said, "you deserve a bigger club and so do I."

According to the BBC page linked, Berbatov apparently said, "If you're going, I'm going too".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ramos has certainly got a job on to keep Berbatov happy, Merson on SSN said he should pick him and Keane as his prefered strikers and stick with them for several games at least.

Mike.

An Citeog wrote: »
    According to the BBC page linked, Berbatov apparently said, "If you're going, I'm going too".

Yet on Monday night Berbatov refused to warm up when ordered by Jol...three times...

Believed they had a row before the game when Berbs told Jol in his opinion 3 points at Newcastle was important than a win against Getafe, so questioned why he was being rested with Thursday night in mind. I've been told that by a number of people I know have good contacts at the club.

Don't believe everything the press feed you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

So Ramos has been appointed & signed a 4 year contract. How many of you think he will actually see out the 4 years?

Consider this. Ramos has, in 14 years, managed 10 clubs. 8 of those stints lasted for 1 year or less.

Spurs have, in the last 16 years, employed 10 different managers. 6 of those managers served for one year or less.

This looks like a marriage made in heaven.

PDN wrote: »
    So Ramos has been appointed & signed a 4 year contract. How many of you think he will actually see out the 4 years?

Consider this. Ramos has, in 14 years, managed 10 clubs. 8 of those stints lasted for 1 year or less.

Spurs have, in the last 16 years, employed 10 different managers. 6 of those managers served for one year or less.

This looks like a marriage made in heaven.

in spain its normal for the one year thing, woudlnt read into that. Spurs want a wenger style coach but he only has 2 years to make it to Wenger standards, it would be funny if it wasnt true.

Ramos will walk if a bigger job comes up.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote: »

Indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

He'll have to walk if he wants to avoid managing in the Championship next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ah the joys of being a Spurs fan, never a dull moment :) Seriously I hope Ramos, builds on the success of BMJ, also I'm actually happy that Sagers got the push apparantly crap training the keepers, so I suppose a clean sweep might do the club well, also his fitness coach is coming with him which is also good news as some of the players fitness levels need to be stepped up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Another great article by Duncan Castles (same guy who revealed the mess behind Mourinho's departure from Chelsea) in the observer.

The Spurs board haven't covered themselves in glory in their treatment of Jol:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2200773,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This will almost certainly go down the most expensive sacking/hiring in Prem history, paying off Jol and his team for two years, compensating Sevilla and hiring Ramos will proberly be in the order of £12-14 million when its all done and dusted.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i wouldnt have thought joining spurs in the uefa cup and relegation zone was a bigger job that seville in the CL.

Who knows what the hell is happening, but I for one am glad Jol is gone. He was doing the same thing over and over and over again and it wasnt working.
    Besides, maybe now the board might actually buy the players needed that the rest of the world seem to know we need.

Lets start with 2 centre backs shall we, and perhaps 2 centre midfielders with some creativity, and theres a bunch of arses that could do with being sold on. lets start zakora, jenas, huddlestone, gardner, robinson.

in fact, im really hoping that Ghaly makes it back into the team, and in defensive center mid where he should have been played. last player i saw on the pitch with a bit of heart, and that was last season!

i think our season is shattered league wise, but i see no reason why we cant achieve upper mid table mediocrity. after all, everton had a terrible season after their CL escapades. im not losing all hope and dispairing :)

(although, it does seem to come with the spurs territory)

In all fairness, Spurs are like 9 points away from 5th spot, they can still get UEFA cup.

I feel for Jol, but after the whole Ramos thing int eh summer, he had to get the results and he didn't. I don't blame him for it though, I think his squad was crap. That said, he didn't do well with teh squad he had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

He spent huge money on a striker with one of the best selections of strikers in the league and crap all elsewhere, he got the backing, he just didn't know what to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Slash/ED wrote: »
    He spent huge money on a striker with one of the best selections of strikers in the league and crap all elsewhere, he got the backing, he just didn't know what to do with it.

Jol didn't want Bent..the board forced this signing on him.

Martin Jols biggest failing at Spurs was not sorting out their defence. He probably deserved to get the sack for this alone. I honestly can't remember Spurs keeping a clean sheet in the league for all of last season and in this campaign. That is shocking for a club with top 4 aspirations!

I know Ledley King is injured but apart from him they have nothing - Kaboul being the worst culprit. Titus Bramble got deserved stick in the past for his ability as a defender, but this guy takes it to an all new level! I actually feel sorry for Dawson having to play beside him - it must be such hard work.

Nunu wrote: »
    I know Ledley King is injured but apart from him they have nothing - Kaboul being the worst culprit. Titus Bramble got deserved stick in the past for his ability as a defender, but this guy takes it to an all new level! I actually feel sorry for Dawson having to play beside him - it must be such hard work.

Eh, Dawson is hardly covering himself in glory with his own performances. Stop listening to Tim Deadwood.

Kaboul needs time to adapt to the English game, like most continentals. Chucking him into the side in place of King and expecting him to flourish with that midfield providing zero cover is a touch naive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

PHB wrote: »
    In all fairness, Spurs are like 9 points away from 5th spot, they can still get UEFA cup.

oh, i agree, but a lot of pessimism comes with the territory of being a spurs fan :)

all we need is 60 points from our remaining 27 games, and its in the bag!

• Advertisement
Advertisement