Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosted Exchange

Options
  • 25-10-2007 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a hosted exchange service and there are a few providers. The priority is reliability, but I know nothing about the vendors and I'm looking for advice about which might be the best.

Here's what I've found -

Electricmail.com - about $4.5k for 20 full users & 30 mailboxes ~($3.4k for 20 full users)

virtualemail.com - about €5k for 50 full users - €2k for 20 full users

sherwood.com about 5k for 50 full users - 2k for 20 full users

Given that it's more expensive that I was expecting, I've been considering just buying 20 or so full users from the Hosted Exchange providors and then using the webmail interface from our new hosters digiweb for our volunteers that just need mailboxes and not the calendar/tasks that people in the office need.

So - any experience of those vendors or other recommendations, pls?!

btw, it's for a charity, so if anyone knows of any place to get this at a much cheaper rate, I'd be well happy for any tips!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Have a look at GMail for Domains....

https://www.google.com/a/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Thanks for the idea, but I've checked it out. Two major drawbacks are the lack of offline (so far) and the fact that I need it to integrate tightly with Salesforce and only Outlook is set up to do that at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

GMail have started rolling out IMAP support so you will be able to access it fully via Outlook or any other mail client .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Hey Edanto,

Drop me a pm or email if you like, we offer Exchange solutions, and could do 50 full users on a dedicated exchange box for about the 2k per annum for a charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Sound Steve, that's well good! PM on the way, ya big superstar ya.

• Advertisement
Advertisement