Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank You Martin

Options
  • 25-10-2007 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Thank You Martin Jol for two of the best seasons since i have been supporting spurs and best of luck in your future career.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

Here Here.... I'm gonna miss him

Poor Martin Jol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dantes74

i've wanted to see him go for quite awhile now but i must say i did feel sorry for him as he left the dugout after the match
    lets hope he is remembered for the 2 great seasons he gave us
    unfortunately for him he had taken us as far as he could

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭RAUL DUKE

It breaks my heart for it to end like it did tonight,seeing him slumped in his seat was very sad..Hopefully he goes on to further his career elsewhere.

I think i speak for all spurs fans when i say thanks for the past 2 years,you've done a marvelous job and we wont ever forget it.

You'll always be welcome back!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Best of luck in the future martin but you had to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

Im sorry to see him go but i know its what was going to happen sooner rather than later. Im a big fan of his but i know we need a change. Looks like its goin to be ramos.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Give him the Ireland job.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Give him the Ireland job.......
    Good idea ! !:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Gutted his 3 years ended so sadly but it had to happen..i was going nuts last night and very angry seeing Levy laughing as that rat kelmsley whispering in his ear after being on his mobile..bet kelmsley was on his mobile just to check had the chinese whispers spread around the ground!! ..shockin form!!!...Best of luck BMJ in the future..what a character.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Thank you Martin for all that you have done for the club. You have been a true ambassador for spurs and you played no small part in making last season and the season before the happiest that I have known. You did not deserve last night. (EVERYBODY KNOWS WHAT I MEAN.) I met you at the game in Dublin and you were a true gentleman! Best of luck in the future in whatever you chose to do. Dont give up the coaching and most of all dont forget to check in on the lane every so often! Respect. We certainly wont forget you.

Sorry to see Chris go as well. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yeah, I felt very sorry for Martin finishing his Spurs career with a gutless performance from the players on the pitch. It would have been nice if he could have walked onto the pitch afterwards and applauded the fans who have been (for the most part) loyal to him since he joined. Best of luck wherever you end up next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

Yesh, itsh such a shame for him.....I feel sho shad thish morning.

But he'sh a strong character witch a big chin.

Besht of luck Misster Jol xx

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

Great Manager best of luck in the future

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Hey, you know, heesh like Michael Jackshon - heesh a lover, not a fighter :)

For that most memorable of soundbites he should be remembered in football for all time. As our manager, he gave us a glimpse at what could and should be - Tottenham Hotspur as a world class soccer team and with all the faffin' about that's gone on behind the scenes with the board etc, it's a terrible shame for the club, the game and the business of football to see it end the way it did. I think the players owed him more than they gave him last night, he deserved to walk out onto the pitch as the winning manager to say his farewells.

Best of luck to you Martin, I hope you're not away from the game for too long. Ring Merrion Square and see if they're interested :D

Advertisement