Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

dashboard lightbulbs

Options
  • 25-10-2007 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hey,
    i have a 98 corolla - some of the lights on the dash were not working when I got it and now every bloody light in the dash has gradually gone out, so if I am driving in the dark I can't see what petrol I have left, or what speed I am at etc.
    I checked the fuse box and there isn't any fuse for it that I could see, so it must be just the bulbs.
    I looked in the manual I got with the car but there is nothing about changing bulbs..
    Is this a job for a toyota garage or does anyone have a clue how I would go about getting at the bulbs behind the dash?

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Usually replacing these bulbs involves removing the dash panel insert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

My handbrake light is gone from the dash. I checked it up in my Haynes manual and it involves removing the dash. It's a very delicate job for my car (ford focus) as you have to make sure the console behind the dash stays in the upright position as there is silicon fluid that will leak out if it isn't kept upright, resulting in none of your dash needles working. I'm not sure if thats the case with the toyota. You can usually get the haynes manuals on loan from the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Toyota dash is easy to remove. most parts are clicked in, and screws are in really obvious places, you'll probably have to go to the main dealer for most bulbs, particularly those in switches.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Anyone know where sells the dash bulbs, tried halfords before and they said no. I assume most dashes us the little platic half twist ones . My Safranes, the Rover and now my Peugeot van has them so I'm guessing most use them. Theres a couple gone in the van . Ebay only seems to have stupid coloured ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

different manufacturers use diferent coloured bulbs and different wattages for different cars. Main dealer is your best bet if you want the car to look right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement