Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chris hughton's son

Options
  • 25-10-2007 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

was having a look around the player profiles on the spurs website and came across a reserve team player named cian hughton who is a full back and has been capped by ireland under 18's. it dosen't say if chris is his father or not.
    does anyone know for sure
    if he is i hope he's as good a player as his father

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

dantes74 wrote: »
    was having a look around the player profiles on the spurs website and came across a reserve team player named cian hughton who is a full back and has been capped by ireland under 18's. it dosen't say if chris is his father or not.
    does anyone know for sure
    if he is i hope he's as good a player as his father

Yea, he is Chris' son.

Sorry for digging this up. Anyone knows where is Chris Hughtons Irish relatives from? My dad said Tipp town/Limerick as he had an uncle in the army down in Limerick. he grew up in stratford in east London as far as i know. Far cry from tipp :D

EDIT: Extra apology for an Arsenal supporter entering the spurs supporters club section :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Sorry for digging this up. Anyone knows where is Chris Hughtons Irish relatives from? My dad said Tipp town/Limerick as he had an uncle in the army down in Limerick. he grew up in stratford in east London as far as i know. Far cry from tipp :D

EDIT: Extra apology for an Arsenal supporter entering the spurs supporters club section :D

I remember hearing that his relatives were from Limerick. Also when he was first called up for Ireland in 1979 to play v USA in Dublin his mother told him that in Ireland he'd be called Christy. When he arrived at Dublin airport Mick Byrne was there to collect him and he greeted Chris with a firm handshake and a "Howya Christy" ;) Have had the pleasure of meeting him a few times over the years and a nicer fella you couldn't meet.

yiddo59 wrote: »
    I remember hearing that his relatives were from Limerick. Also when he was first called up for Ireland in 1979 to play v USA in Dublin his mother told him that in Ireland he'd be called Christy. When he arrived at Dublin airport Mick Byrne was there to collect him and he greeted Chris with a firm handshake and a "Howya Christy" ;) Have had the pleasure of meeting him a few times over the years and a nicer fella you couldn't meet.

excellent full back. you dont really see the likes of him and Dave langan any more. lads who really love to get forward. trap would probably serve them their arse on a plate if they even tried it. :D

yeah i reckon its probably limerick. i think Browne is the family name. id believe Chris is a top bloke and always honoured to pull on the green shirt. a certain Mr Ireland should take note. reason i was inquiring about him is that i read rod liddles article on him this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Getting a lot of positive vibes for job he is doing with Newcastle at the mom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I heard when I was younger that one of Chris grandmothers used to live in Weston, Limerick City.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

My mother went to school around Bruff and Bruree in County Limerick and I remember her saying that Chris Hughton's mother was in her class.

BTW didn't we sell Cian on

I was talking to my aunt earlier. Chris Hughton's mother was a Burke from Ballygrennan which is a townland outside Bruff in County Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cailinbeag

HI i just came across this thread by accident but Yflyer is correct. Chris's grandmother and mother are from weston,Limerick. His grandmother Penny Bourke was my grandfather Christy Davis's aunt from careys road. So his mother is weston and his grandmother originally careys rd where myself and all the davis's are all from. My mother was born in Pennys house in Clarina Weston. The name Henry (his brother) and the name Christopher has been used for generations in our family :) I hope this answers questions//

excellent full back. you dont really see the likes of him and Dave langan any more. lads who really love to get forward. trap would probably serve them their arse on a plate if they even tried it. :D

yeah i reckon its probably limerick. i think Browne is the family name. id believe Chris is a top bloke and always honoured to pull on the green shirt. a certain Mr Ireland should take note. reason i was inquiring about him is that i read rod liddles article on him this week.

His aunt married Browne from Omalley Park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

I was always led to believe the houghtons mother originated in Askeaton in west limerick.

Theyre definitely my family...Chris and his sister visited our house years ago..My family always speak of them..I have some old pics when he was a boy, Ill try and find :)

Was the link to Bruff incorrect. I remember my mother talking about it when she was alive. Also my aunt seemed fairly sure and quoted his mother's maiden name as Burke. Obviously cailinbeag knows best though. If I had an euro for every time I proudly stated that my mother went to school with his mother :)

Going back to the original thread I see that Cian was released by Birmingham in 2012 and seems to be without a club since. He is only about 25

Advertisement