Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor Tax

Options
  • 26-10-2007 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Got new car about 3 weeks ago, but still havent received a pin from motor tax yet, should it be here by now. Bit worried now now as I forget I have my drive test next Thursday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you won't be getting a PIN as a new owner as far as I know. only for renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If the car is brand new you can use the last six digits of your chassis number as the pin. If it is used you can't tax it online the first time you tax it.

I was presuming it was used. If it's new you'll get an RF100a form and details on how to tax it online. If you tax it online you won't have it on time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭brigadear

Car is second hand. Motor tax unbelieavble, couldn't get through today at all, think I have the stupid machine message memorised in my head now. Can you just go in and pay and then they issue you a disc.

as long as you have the ownership papers in your name, (or in the old name with your details filled out on the reverse) and your insurance cert. Tax is only due from date of change of ownership, you're not liable for any arrears before that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭brigadear

Yeah I have cert of ownership and my insurance details. Thanks.

Advertisement