Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Long Way Down

• 26-10-2007 4:18am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The new trip with Ewan and Charley - the long way down - the website is there now.

www.longwaydown.com

Not usre if it will be as good as Long way round but worth a watch when it comes out.

K

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭demosuzki

karltimber wrote: »
    The new trip with Ewan and Charley - the long way down - the website is there now.

www.longwaydown.com

Not usre if it will be as good as Long way round but worth a watch when it comes out.

K

I'm half way through the book and its pretty much the same deal.
    as long as you don;t get annoyed about the fact that there is a big support crew popping in and out very often.

they do bike in some mad conditions. even without the biking side they write good travel book copy.

not to spoil it or anything but the bikes seem to give them more trouble this time.
    both the the bmw and odlin shocks they use give them some mad problems.
    they get the art of changing one down to 10 minutes

all-in-all its an enjoyable read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

adn the book is half price in waterstones atm

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Good stuff,I loved the Long way round.I must set my sky plus to record it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

demosuzki wrote: »
    I'm half way through the book and its pretty much the same deal.
    So, what happened in the Airport lounge? What did Boorman say?
    Feckin muppet..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭demosuzki

So, what happened in the Airport lounge? What did Boorman say?
    Feckin muppet..

bomb

as in "its not like we have a bomb'

/ds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

demosuzki wrote: »
    bomb

as in "its not like we have a bomb'

/ds
    I hate that sh1t. The airport staff are up there own arses. What annoyed me the most was Charlie saying"well, at least they didn't press charges.." WTF, thanks for not pressing charges for saying the word "bomb" when you were being a cock. Much appreciated.

The other thin that irriates me is that he can wheelie his gs at will, I can't do it, very irriating.

MrP

MrP

Whats the story with Ewan wanting to take his wife on a section of the trip,what a silly idea.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

MrPudding wrote: »
    I hate that sh1t. The airport staff are up there own arses. What annoyed me the most was Charlie saying"well, at least they didn't press charges.." WTF, thanks for not pressing charges for saying the word "bomb" when you were being a cock. Much appreciated.

The other thin that irriates me is that he can wheelie his gs at will, I can't do it, very irriating.

MrP

MrP

Ive seen signs in UK airports over the last few years, to the effect that the staff do not have a sense of humour, and that you should not make jokes with them about any security issues. And Charlie did admit he got a bit stroppy.

On topic, Ewan seems less of a wuss this time around. Long may it last.:D

KtK wrote: »

Thats maybe because his wife is coming along for some of the trip....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Dub13 wrote: »
    Whats the story with Ewan wanting to take his wife on a section of the trip,what a silly idea.
    I know. What was he thinking?

MrP

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

KtK wrote: »
    Think he was a bit out of his depth before the last trip due to a lack of ever having ridden off road before the trip got started and was being a bit of a girl due to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

MrPudding wrote: »

MrP

MrP
    Saw a snippet of one of the future episodes.. Looks like he dumped the bike while cornering and hurt himself. So, be happy. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

It's good, but it's no LWR! Just kind of a direct copy sequel....You can tell they dont have the same awe at what they're doing.

Advertisement