Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Log Cabin - planning permission

Options
  • 26-10-2007 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know what the regulations are for planning permission needs on a log cabin?

I'm not talking about a large log house, but a small 1-2 bed model to go in a field instead of a mobile home.
    (The kind on offer for around €20-30k.)

I'm guessing that if it requires a concrete base, then it would require planning, but not sure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I'd guess log cabin or not you are going to need running water, electricity and a septic tank.
    As a result (may well be wrong) don't see it being majorly different from getting a regular timber frame bungalow built.
    Hope someone with previous experience answers, am pretty curious as to if these types of houses are easier to get permission for or not.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine it will need planning permission, unless its done as a small extension (under 40m2).

Have a word with your local council. They aren't monsters.

Advertisement