Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Updating Nokia Phone Software on 3 (N73)

• 26-10-2007 8:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Tried to do it last night, was surprisingly straight-forward.

1. Download Nokia Suite
    2. Connect phone to PC via cable
    3. Back up phone
    4. Select Update Phone Software in Nokia Suite
    5. Restore backup

Presto, the phone software has moved up a complete version (from 2.xxx to 3.xxx) AND a whole bunch of new apps like Orb and Skype are installed as well as some re-arranging of my main menu.

Dubal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Been thinking about doing that myself to the N73, but wasn't sure what changes it would make to the phone. Thanks for the heads up dubai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

dubal wrote: »
    Tried to do it last night, was surprisingly straight-forward.

1. Download Nokia Suite
    2. Connect phone to PC via cable
    3. Back up phone
    4. Select Update Phone Software in Nokia Suite
    5. Restore backup

Presto, the phone software has moved up a complete version (from 2.xxx to 3.xxx) AND a whole bunch of new apps like Orb and Skype are installed as well as some re-arranging of my main menu.

Dubal

wow you must be almost the 1st to do this as up tp last month there was no software update available from three! that is why i gave them back my n73 in exchange for a working phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Best advice is try and get your phone unbranded, then you can update it with generic software and then download the apps. that you need. 3 are very good at restricting your phone's capabilities. Try and check your email for example. I gave up with the N73 and went to a SE k610i which I unbranded with wotanserver. Well worth 7 euro. For example, 3 prevent you from doing a manual network search, something that is essential when roaming in order to stay with 3 and not another network temporarily which will cost you more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 --Wacker--

The newest version of firmware for the N73 is;
    Nokia N73
    V 4.0736.3.2.1
    04-09-2007
    RM-133
    Music Edition

http://hunajatehdas.net/nokia/firmware/index_en.php?model=N73

Advertisement