Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog's and chips

• 26-10-2007 9:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

the green party are trying to push for all dogs to have chips inserted so dog breeding can be controlled.this is being pushed by AFAR.
    hunting people should be at douglas GAA grounds in Cork to discuss this with government ministers
    starting at 6:30
    Bryan

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I know nothing about this, so just wondering is there a reson why its a bad idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭BryanL

the greens want this to be policed by anti's hunting groups(AFAR is basically anti animal ownership)
    this will boost their funds and make them much stronger,AFAR is the group that had a recent campaign against st josepsh's school for the blind because they raised money through greyhound racing.
    i don't want to be answerable to them or under their control rgarding my owning, breeding buying or selling a dog.
    it will be another cost on top of a license, will be use to control dog breeding unless you have a breeder license. unlikely to ever be part of a traceable national database so of no use in tracing dogs etc. no more useful than a name plate on a collar.
    if dogs are stolen chips are very easy to remove so are no deterrent.
    and the other issue is that the greens will little mandate are being allowed to push their own agenda, their animals rights( not welfare) policies do not make very comfortable reading for anyone involved in hunting,shooting(game,stalking etc) or fishing
    Bryan

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I see sounds like a very underhanded approch by the greens (surprise surprise)

I know people who bread dogs and had a pure bred family pet stoilen out of the garden. It was like a member of the family was kidnapped and it was never seen again. Pitty somthing cannt be done about those situations. I know it deeply effected the kids for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

The microchip and to a lesser degree a tattoo are effective form's of permanent identification. BUT. I want the choice to be mine not some mandate coming from on high, saddled with all the rigmarole associated with Gov. tomfoolery.

Maybe Traumadoc or NeoResearcher can decipher the the following for us less enlightened types. ;)

"Microchipping is the most widely diffuse method of identification for domestic animals, based on its indelibility, and safety. The histologic effects of microchip implantation have been evaluated in dogs up to 6 years after implantation.14 A foreign-body reaction to the subcutaneously implanted microchips was observed in the form of infiltration of inflammatory cells, fibroblast proliferation, and granulation-tissue formation. The inflammatory reaction disappeared 3 months after implantation, and the enclosure of the microchip by a capsule consisting of fibroblasts, collagen fibers, and elastic fibers was complete after 12 months. No marked difference was observed in the histologic findings 36 and 72 months after implantation, compared with those 12 months after implantation.14 "

http://www.vetpathology.org/cgi/content/full/43/4/545?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&titleabstract=microchips+cause+cancer&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&resourcetype=HWCIT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Not entirely sure what this has to do with shooting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

Because many of us own gundogs!

It's especially significant if it is going to be overseen by an anti hunting group!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Just wondering if it wasn't more suited to the Animals and Pet issues forum pampers....

Advertisement