Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it worth getting?

Options
  • 26-10-2007 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭

Okay,

So i have a PS2. I usually play PES 6 with a few friends.

Is it worth getting PES 2008??

Is there a decent enough change in the game to justify me getting it?

I probably play the game once or twice a month with friends.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Gaffmaster, Im not sure about ps2 version but on ps3 I can honestly say there is a big difference, its takin a while to get used to but Im really enjoying it. I havent seen any of the in-game slowdown that people have been talking about, although I have seen it in the replays, but who really cares about that?

Online there is a lot of lag at the moment but its down at the moment, presumably so they can fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

Im in the same boat. Have had all the pro evo games 2-6 on the PS2 but im thinking the same. PES 2008 was realy designed for the PS3 and the XBOX 360 in mind and then probably thought the PS2 last. I just dont know???

:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I got the PS2 version last night but have only played 4 games. The gameplay seems very similar to PES6 but there is a notable difference, subtle as it may be. It flows a lot better and requires a new style of play. It allows for better passing moves and shooting is a lot better.
    It doesn't mention how to dive in the manual so maybe you can't. Outside the gameplay them menus are different and the style is fresher. Its all updated as well. I would easily recommend getting it if you in any way like football. It destroys FIFA on the PS2 once again for the gameplay alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

TBH no matter what people say if your intent on getting it you'l get it anyway, but if your only playing a couple times a month id say there wont be much difference.

How about going into a Games shop and playing the ps2 demo and see if you like it...somewhere like HMV

Advertisement