Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Purchase of car - 3 options - recommendations please?

Options
  • 26-10-2007 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi all,

Im thinking of purchasing a second hand car and I have 3 options as detailed below:

Purchase from Ireland: Cost 13k with high mileage
    Purchase from UK: Cost 9k + 3K VRT with medium mileage
    Purchase from Japan: Cost 5k + 3K VRT +1k VAT with low mileage

From analysing the above it seems a no brainer to buy from Japan but the BIG problem is that I have read bad reviews about IBC Japan and about the condition of cars when you receive it. I would consider purchasing a car with a 4/4.5 rating but I am still wary.

Can anybody give me some advice and if they had any previous dealings with IBC Japan? I have read threads previously which hasn't given me much hope so any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 gniie

Hi all,

Im thinking of purchasing a second hand car and I have 3 options as detailed below:

Purchase from Ireland: Cost 13k with high mileage
    Purchase from UK: Cost 9k + 3K VRT with medium mileage
    Purchase from Japan: Cost 5k + 3K VRT +1k VAT with low mileage

From analysing the above it seems a no brainer to buy from Japan but the BIG problem is that I have read bad reviews about IBC Japan and about the condition of cars when you receive it. I would consider purchasing a car with a 4/4.5 rating but I am still wary.

Can anybody give me some advice and if they had any previous dealings with IBC Japan? I have read threads previously which hasn't given me much hope so any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

My car from IBC Japan had advertised grade 4 and as far as it looks i would give it 4-4.5 myself. But the repair cost me nearly 6K and they just keep appologising for my bad luck. In the other hand it is difficult to repair jap imports if you do need any as main dealers IN GENERAL don't want to deal with you because you cost them bussiness as a importer.
    Personaly I will never buy a car on line from Japan ever again because the difficulties I'm having trying to recover my loss from any of the companies involved.
    My recommendation would be UK but pay the money for a proper inspection and HPI checks.
    There must be a bargain out there that will come close to the jap import price without the hassle. Trust me I know the meanning of it!
    Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

watch out for the english one...where is it from?
    alot of "bargains" at the moment due to floods there during the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

very true prendy.

At the end of the day it is up to you, but keep an eye on the market and don't just jump to the first car you found. Keep shopping arround and you might try private sales as it is cheaper, but get a mechanic to check it out.

Japan will be the best option as indeed it is the cheapest, but there are times when things go wrong, but hey, that could happen anyway no matter where you bought it from, the downer is getting things sorted out as the above example.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭paddy111199

Thanks all, probably will go with car from UK and get AA to check it over before buying.

Have anybody any good experiences with IBC Japan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Every time. I always got what i was going for.

Yes small things like the horn not working, but thanks god I didn't have any big issues.

• Advertisement
Advertisement