Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[BT] Problems accessing yahoo.co.uk/.com

Options
  • 26-10-2007 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

Anyone else getting loads of delayed messages to yahoo.co.uk addresses???
    I've been getting them for a while now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

I've been having that problem for a while with yahoo.com.
    Often the email is 5-6 days old by the time i get it-Can be pretty annoying at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Tell me about it.

I have been trying to find a contact email address to tell them about it, no luck.

Seems like all yahoo addresses are now having problems. Also have a problem with btinternet addresses.

I've emailed BT support and hopefully may get a reply in the next week or so. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭chikuu

kleefarr wrote: »
    Tell me about it.

I have been trying to find a contact email address to tell them about it, no luck.

hi,

u can contact Yahoo Customer Care through this address http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/bug_f.html?from_url= just put in ur Yahoo ID and password and then fill out the form..

Dont know how good their Customer Service is, but best of luck. :)

WOW! That was quick! :)

BTs reply...

"There is currently an issue with some users of the BT SMTP mail server 'mail.iol.ie' not being able to send e-mails to Yahoo e-mail addresses.

Yahoo seem to not accept mail from the 'mail.iol.ie' servers quite frequently. It does not appear to happen across all the Yahoo domains at once though (yahoo.ie, yahoo.co.uk, yahoo.com etc) and perhaps not across the many Yahoo servers that receive the mail.

There have been some recent viruses/worms coming from other IOL users through 'mail.iol.ie' that target Yahoo addresses. This is what is causing Yahoo to automatically and temporarily reject mails from 'mail.iol.ie' due to large volumes of illegitimate mail. These can sometimes be hard to clean up, and fixing the source of these mails (infected customers) can be unreliable.

We are investigating ways to stop this junk getting to Yahoo in the first place. The legitimate mails that are not being accepted by Yahoo should eventually get through. We have contacted a number of users of 'mail.iol.ie' with advice on clearing their PC's of viruses in order to stop their machines sending Spam mail.

As a temporary work around you can send mail to a Yahoo address using the following Webmail site.

If you go to http://www.mail2web.com - Simply input your e-mail address and the corresponding password, and it will show you all the mail waiting for you on the POP server, for you to action appropriately. You will be able to both send and receive e-mail from this website."

• Advertisement

Don't see why I should use a different email program just to suit facking yahoo!! :mad:

I'm still getting loads of these returned and I'm not getting any answers from the online form. :mad:

I have decided to forward every single one of my undeliverable/not delivered warnings to customercare@yahoo.com maybe they might pull their finger out. I have also advised all of my yahoo pals to complain to them about not getting a lot of emails.

Maybe everyone should do it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

kleefarr, when posting try to use more helpful post titles
    as per charter http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055167684

AH. Yes. Will do. Sorry. :o

Don't know why, but I automaticaly assumed that most ISPs would be haivng this problem as i appears to be yahoos end.

Edit: Actually, if you could also add "& yahoo.com" to the heading as well.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

title corrected,
    I prefer gmail.com :D

Anything but yahoo! ;)

I'm sick of getting them back. :mad:

• Advertisement

customercare@yahoo.com got returned! :mad:

Now trying cust@yahoo.com

They really don't like to make to easy to email them do they!!

Advertisement