Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US games

Options
  • 26-10-2007 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Planning a trip to the US of America next month, and thought I might pick up some games but are any of my consoles (I have 'em all) region-free out of the box? What about the PS3's blu-ray player, region-free?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

PS3, PSP and DS games are region free. Blu-ray is not. Neither are UMD movies.

Some 360 games are region free, you'd need to do some research on which games are or aren't compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Take a look at http://www.videogamesplus.ca next month before you go. The versions of games they sell are the US NTSC ones, and they have a blog where they put an update when they've tested a game. That way you'll know before you head out if any new 360 games are region free (they recently tried TR:Anniversary, Jericho and Conan and they're all region free).
    PS3 games are all region free (Ratchet and Clank is out now and Uncharted is out Nov 20th there).

HD-DVDs are all region free, some Blu-Rays are (check this list or here).

Advertisement