Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Available] House Share - Ranelagh

Options
  • 26-10-2007 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi.
    Me and my current house mate are in the middle of moving house, we have just found a really wicked, newly done up, very very spacious house in an great location, but we need to fill it!

So were looking for a couple to take a huge double room to make it all happen, if your interested let me know here and i'll contact you with more details.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 learoy

how much is the rent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mowersclub

Hi - its e1000, its a very big room, the idea would be a couple sharing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

It's Ranelagh. Some people pronounce it "Renalagh" because the Irish name is Raghnallach an it's pronounced like that. Welcome to Ranelagh.

My apologies. Ranelagh. Is it of any interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

It would want to be absolutely huge for that price. A couple could probably rent a one bed apt for little more than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

It would want to be absolutely huge for that price. A couple could probably rent a one bed apt for little more than that.
    I remember nice one beds in Rathmines going for that last year. Few around Donnybrook and Ballsbridge too.
    mowersclub wrote: »
    My apologies. Ranelagh. Is it of any interest?
    Just imparting the knowledge it took me years to work out. Potatoe/ Potato. :)

I didnt mean that to sound short ballooba, your right i was spelling it as it sounds.

It might seem expensive but i know lots of people paying above and below that price for a variety of places, it is a particularly big room, great house, great location, back garden. loads you wouldnt get with a one bed flat.

obviously the rent is dictated by the landlord, so we can only break it up whatever way seems fair, might not suit everybody but if there were some interested people we could get together and work out those details.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭jackal

Wow, 1000 a month, what a bargain, and a couple can move in there, brilliant. My girlfriend and I are renting a decent size double room with loads of storage and plenty of room for a study desk in a house in clonskeagh (a very nice part of it) for 400 euro - for the room. Ok thats a very good price admittedly I would pay 100 or so more if it came to it.

This looks like pure greed on your part, I bet the rent you are paying is heavily subsidised by the gullible couple you hope to get in, unless you were foolish enough to rent a house which costs 3k a month or something.

Good luck with it, ya cute hoor ya! ;)

Good luck with it, ya cute hoor ya!

Hi Jackal - The house is less than a kilometre from stephens green, clonskeagh is more like three, thats more important to some people than others, and like i said the rent for the whole house has nothing to do with us - thats for the landlord to decide.

Its not 'greed' or 'foolishness', no need to make assumptions on peoples characters, we'll be completely transparent with what were all paying, and nobody will be 'heavily subsidised' by anybody else in the house...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Well, if the landlord is setting the rent then he/she is being greedy. Honestly, I doubt that any couple would pay €1000 to move into a house share arrangement regardless of how nice the place is.

I could be wrong and you could have people beating down your door but I doubt it. A couple would pay a little more for the privacy of their own place.

The room is too expensive to be aimed at a younger couple or two friends wanting to share.

Your landlord might want to rethink the figures on that one. For a double room in Ranelagh I'd say €700 is the max you can charge. Anyone who goes to look at the room won't pay more than the going rate regardless of how big, lovely etc the house may be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭philcsl

jackal wrote: »
    This looks like pure greed on your part, I bet the rent you are paying is heavily subsidised by the gullible couple you hope to get in, unless you were foolish enough to rent a house which costs 3k a month or something.
    Well, if the landlord is setting the rent then he/she is being greedy. Honestly, I doubt that any couple would pay €1000 to move into a house share arrangement regardless of how nice the place is.

€1000 seems reasonable enough for a professional couple living in Ranelagh provided it is a very spacious room and in a nice modern house/appartment.

I'd doubt if the landlord just pulled that figure out of the air, if somebody is willing to pay that then of course the landlord should be allowed to maximise the income on their investment. If the price is too high for anybody to pay then the room will remain empty and they will be forced to drop the asking prices, its pretty basic supply and demand.

It is not social housing, nobody is being forced to pay that money, it is completely their own choice. If they think they are getting value for money they will take it, if not they will keep looking. I'm sure there are nice rooms in Clonskeagh for €400 and there are probably nice rooms in Ballyfermot for €250. Nobody HAS to live in Ranelagh or any other suburb, they choose to!!

Just because it might not suit some people (I personally wouldn't pay that amount to live in Ranelagh) that is no reason to attack the OP!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Guys- ask pertinent questions if you are interested in the property. Any more off the cuff remarks or comments will result in a temporary ban for the offending party.

Regards,

S.

Advertisement