Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raising Children with Irish in Limerick

Options
  • 26-10-2007 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

I am trying to raise my children bilingually in Limerick, we speak Irish at home and they hear English almost everywhere else. I would love to meet up with others who are doing the same - my children are almost 3 and 1 so perhaps some sort of parent and toddler group or something like that? Is there one going on already or could we organise one? If you know of anyone who might be interested please send me a message and I will get in contact with them. My phone number is <snip>.

Moderator Edit: Mobile Phone Number Removed. Please show your interest by replying to this thread, or contact samhain's son by Private Message.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Have you contacted any of the Gaelscoils, they might know of an all Irish creche? Or Conradh na Gaelige?

Fair play to you, I'm a long way off having kids, but I hope that mine are fluent in irish from an early age.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hi samhain's son.... I don't think its a good idea to publish your mobile phone number on a public message board, so I've removed it. People can reply to this thread if they are interested, or send you a Private Message.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

failte go dti boards

Have you enrolled your children in a Naoinra? They are bi-lingual pre-schools, at present there are a lot of gaelscoileanna in both county and city

Gaelscoil Chaladah an Treoigh
    Gaelscoil Sairseal
    Gaelscoil Seoirse Clancy
    Gaelscoil an Rahin
    An Modhscoil
    Gaelscoil O Dohgair

Contact the one in your local area, some of them have gurpai cainte, and i know that they arrange classes for parents

Contact the Aonaid Gaeilge in in the University, Conradh na Gaeilge in Thomas Street have classes and used to have a Naoinra (not sure if they still have)

Slan 4 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Yeah I would recommend enroling in an Irish Preschool. Bring them into Conradh na Gaelige on Thomas Street aswell. They would be aware of all the Irish events in Limerick. They often host events themselves and Irish is the predominant language inside there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Conradh na Gaeilge on Thomas street is now a shell. I think it's on cecil street now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement