Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Youth Choir?

Options
  • 26-10-2007 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

would anybody have info on how to become a member of the the irish youth choir? ive been on the iyc website but its not very conclusive, no info on upcoming auditions. appreciate it, thanks :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I think they audition sometime in the summer, so maybe have alook back on the site after January and you might see for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Orlaithg

Hey,

I used to be a member of IYC, it's a great thing to be a part of, although you'd want to be well prepared as each session lasts 7-10 days and it's pretty hardcore (for classical music anyway). Practice sessions can be from 9-9 with a couple of 1 hour breaks during the day. It's always wise to give up drinking and do regular vocal exercises for a week or so before you go. It's never cheap either because they always have problems with getting sponsorship and/or subsidies from the CCC or Arts Council. Still, as I say it's a great choir and well worth being a part of.

Contact Pat Jackman (if he's still the project coordinator) at iyc@cnc.ie with your name and address, and he'll send you on some info. They tend to be pretty slow about sending out application forms, especially to newbies, but it will arrive eventually. My advice would be to request a read receipt when you're sending the email, that way you'll know someone has read it.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Orlaithg

Oh on the drinking front, as I said it's a good idea to give it up before you go, but once you get there be prepared for some major nights out and a few monstrous hangovers... which you'll have to try and sing through!

Cheers,

OG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Ar3d

orangebox wrote: »
    would anybody have info on how to become a member of the the irish youth choir? ive been on the iyc website but its not very conclusive, no info on upcoming auditions. appreciate it, thanks :rolleyes:

why you just try to go there or just keep on waiting on their site, am sure if there will be an audition they post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Attracta Mann

Call them in the office : 0214312296

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 orangebox

Thanks for the advice OG! :D
    your the best!

Advertisement