Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting into Adobe PDF

Options
  • 26-10-2007 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, and please move if appropriate.

I have to convert a Word file into PDF. I am using Acrobat Professional 7.0.

The problem is that dotted lines (which I have in tables and other graphics) become distorted when they are converted into PDF. This distortion is both present on the screen and on the printout. Is there a relatively easy way of rectifying this problem?

Would a newer version of Acrobat better facilitate this process?

Thanks for any assistance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Distorted in what sense? Have you tried a different line style?
    Does the original word file print ok?

Acrobat pro can only work with the material it's given. You can convert any old crap into pdf, but you'll only end up with a crap pdf. It doesn't fix issues with the original file. You don't need a different version of acrobat. If anything you need to have the file laid out professionally, from scratch, in a layout program such as indesign or (spits) quark.

If this is something that's going for print converting from word to pdf is going to cause problems. Word is not a postscript program, it's not intended for professional print output no more than it's intended for creating websites.

Advertisement