Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Le Premiership: This Weekend 27-28th October

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Chelsea up on City, Essien I think

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Boro looking quite good to be honest, United's attack not really clicking, Anderson and Hargreaves aren't passing great.

**** me, Downing came close. Brown is really switching off defensively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Brun 1 1 Wigan

Wigan open scoring, Brum get peno.

Mike.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Looking like it's going to be a long afternoon for City.

Cough, Chelsea winning 2-0 already.

Also rooney just scored from some terrible defending from Boro, harsh on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

2-1 roooney
    gift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

That has to be one of the worst most amateur mistakes I have seen in quite some time. Why didnt he just clear it ?

Ronaldo just accidently had a shot with his chest, really shoulda put it away, can't believe we didn't score from that break. Anderson is having not the best of games today, his passing is pretty on and off. Hopefully he can pick it up in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Anderson is trying too hard I think. A few too many attempts at the spectacular pass. Front 5 (:eek:) linking up well, without being able to find the killer ball. O'Shea is giving his man way too much space when trying to cross the ball. Hopefully Fergie can work his magic and we'll comeout and get an early goal and go on from there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Nani's goal was a peach!

Ronaldo could had a couple so far, I can see him getting one in the second half. Tevez playing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

PHB wrote: »
    Ronaldo just accidently had a shot with his chest, really shoulda put it away, can't believe we didn't score from that break. Anderson is having not the best of games today, his passing is pretty on and off. Hopefully he can pick it up in the 2nd half.
    He's still hastling them well though. It was him that managed to force the defenders into the corner for the second goal.

Yeh he has done well tracking back, and some of his passes has been great. But I want to see a bit more consistancy from him in the next half. He's gotta make the team tick, set the tempo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

What a goal from Tevez!!! :D

What a ****ing goal, goal of the season right there, no doubt about it.

That was ****ing unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Tevez!!!

What a combination. Hopefully United can push on from here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Tevez scores, and Le Tiss calls it 'dream goal' and 'fantasy football'.

:eek:

Is he right?

edit:

OK, seems he was.

Watching the Premiership this evening anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Drogba and Lampard making a mockery of Citeh.
    3-0

Hats off to utd, lovely lovely goal.

DesF, it was perfection.

cough cough, Chelsea hammering City, if only I had put money on it :)

This is how United play without Ronaldo playing well, I can't wait till he gets into his groove :)

hehehe, top class, Tevez and Rooney is looking better and better as a combination.

Anderson is looking livelier too :)

• Advertisement

I expect City's defense to get torn a new one against Chelsea.
    Tonight's lotto numbers please.

Oh and poor, poor Xavi6 having to stay up very late to watch this in Perth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Just remembered about Fantasy football and I have 3 Man City defenders

DAMN!

And that's four for Chelsea :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Lol at city!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Unearthly wrote: »
    Just remembered about Fantasy football and I have 3 Man City defenders

DAMN!

could have been worse, you could also have dropped drogba right before he started scoring goals again last week. I sure have a lot of egg on my face now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Newcastle equalize, Emre with the assist - og

:)

Jesus, Chelsea have arrived and that's for sure.

When Kalou starts scoring, the defence is having a nightmare imo.

I reckon it'll finish 9-0.

DesF wrote: »
    Jesus, Chelsea have arrived and that's for sure.

When Kalou starts scoring, the defence is having a nightmare imo.

I reckon it'll finish 9-0.

Man City were punching above their weight for a while. Bubble had to burst some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

****ing newcastle

Always happy to see City get beat, but ya gotta start asking the question, are Chelsea really out of this title race?

Still crazy that even with 5 goals, Shevchenko isn't one of them :)

• Advertisement

Four now for ManYoo...

...and SundIreland equalise. Dammit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

4-1 to utd now boro are muck and could go down this season

1-1 jones scores for sunderland again..

16 goals in 4 games :D

Shevchenko.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

beat me to it Des

6-0 chelsea

I could be a pundit :P

Shevchenko finally gets some goals, if he starts going, god help us all, we'll have a real three way battle.

I think I'm changing my mind now, I want Arsenal to win, knock Liverpool out of the race well and good, and make Chelsea think that gap to Arsenal is just too much.

Always happy to see City get beat, but ya gotta start asking the question, are Chelsea really out of this title race?

They never really were out of it. It was down to how they handled the Jose crap. Everyone assumed that Grant would only be in charge for a few weeks or month and then they would appoint someone else. This would have caused no amount of chaos. They seem to be happy with their current set up though and their recent results have been good.

Indeed, they are 5 points behind United though and effectively 9 points behind Arsenal. That's a big gap to overcome at this early stage. Also with attacking football, it'll be interesting to see how their defense copes. either way might be worth a cheeky bet.

Still 6 wins in a row for Chelsea now. Also they have Wigan next which should be easy points.

Sunderland should have gone ahead.

Pity that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

O shea played well today :o

kdjac

I could be a pundit :P

Shevchenko finally gets some goals, if he starts going, god help us all, we'll have a real three way battle.

:rolleyes:

Indeed, they are 5 points behind United though and effectively 9 points behind Arsenal. That's a big gap to overcome at this early stage. Also with attacking football, it'll be interesting to see how their defense copes. either way might be worth a cheeky bet.

9 points is nothing. If the lead can be gained in 10 games, it can easily be recovered from in 30. That obviously requires a change in form but if anyone are capable of doing it, it would be Chelsea. The top 4 will be the standard fare but in what order is anyones guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

what happened at the bridge today lads? City implode or Chelsea unstoppable? is it a bit of luck or has Grant really has got them playing more attacking football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Well I could've (and should've) gone straight to bed but thought it bst to get this post out of the way.

First off congrats to PHB on the prediction, though I did admit myself that we'd either sneak a win or get destroyed.

As for the game, we didn't show up. Simple as. It took until we went two down before we strung three passes together. Stephen Ireland is f*cking w*nk. Can't pass, can't cross and can't shoot. He has to go. As does that Garrido. I've never seen a bigger display of ball watching in my life. He was an obvious target for every through ball. Joe Hart got nutmegged FOUR times. I was in stitches at the last one.

Positives? There are none really. Micah lost the head early (though that fat pr*ck Lampard blatantly dived), Elano showed rare flashes, Samaras was lost up front on his own and Didi and Johno offered nothing. Only player who tried to play football was Petrov. He actually played pretty well.

Chelsea were good but not great, mainly because they didn't need to be. We were an awful disappointment and serious questions will now be asked within the club regarding certain players, and rightly so. Embarrassment of the highest order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Pompey to win 3-0! Utaka (2), Kranjcar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Did elano do nothing against a decent team again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Archimedes wrote: »
    Well he's hardly the type of player to stop teams scoring 6 goals. He needs the ball to show what he's about and obviously didn't get much of it today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I always felt City were going to get a thumping one day, they rode their luck a fair few times this season

and yes i'm bitter about the derby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Archimedes wrote: »

Care to elaborate on that?

He got little ball today and when he did Mikel just chopped him down (four times in the first half alone). He showed his class despite being surrounded by mediocrity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Im just saying, Elano has been great this season, except against United and Chelsea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement