Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Le Premiership: This Weekend 27-28th October

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Archimedes wrote: »
    Im just saying, Elano has been great this season, except against United and Chelsea.

But was great against Arsenal who top the Premiership

And against United he did ok. He's not a 'backs to the wall' type player. We didn't want to play football in that game so naturally it didn't suit him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

To be fair, you can't expect Elano to perform against all the top teams. He's settling into the English game, he is about to encounter the experience of being fouled every time he gets the ball, and he's still adjusting to the premiership. I think the fact he has done so well so far is a testament to how good he could be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

phb?

:p

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

KdjaCL wrote: »
    phb?

kdjac

or...

THIS!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

Actually there is reason to be positive. I'll wake up in the morning and we'll still be in third place. Then hopefully Arsenal will do us a favour tomorrow and cement it for us. I'd rather lose 6-0 to Chelsea than fall apart against the likes of Derby. It's a blip and a wake up call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

cson wrote: »
    Saturday, 27 October 2007
    Birmingham v Wigan, 15:00 Birminghan
    Chelsea v Man City, 15:00 Draw
    Man Utd v Middlesbrough, 15:00 Man Utd
    Portsmouth v West Ham, 17:15 Pompey
    Reading v Newcastle, 15:00 Newcastle
    Sunderland v Fulham, 15:00 Sunderland

Sunday, 28 October 2007
    Bolton v Aston Villa, 13:30 Villa
    Derby v Everton, 14:00 Everton
    Liverpool v Arsenal, 16:00 Draw
    Tottenham v Blackburn, 15:00 Blackburn

Major weekend for the title aspirations of Liverpool. A win will bring them back into it, a loss will set them even farther back while a draw will leave it as it were. Having said that, it's the type of game 'Pool would win coming off the back of a bad Champions league performance and Arsenal winning 7-0. Should be an entertaining match.

Elsewhere managerless Tottenham welcome a flying Blackburn and it's difficult to see them take more than a point out of it. Gary Megson starts his term at home to Villa with the unenviable task of hauling Bolton out of the drop zone. Pick of the Saturday matches is Chelsea V Citeh, interesting to see how this fares out.

Chelsea Man City !!!
    DRAW ????

DRAW ???

6 F*cking 0 !!!!!!!!!!

We're BACK!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

MISSED PEN: Portsmouth 0-0 West Ham: Mwaruwari (90)

Damn! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

eirebhoy wrote: »
    MISSED PEN: Portsmouth 0-0 West Ham: Mwaruwari (90)

Damn! :mad:

wtf?

didn't know you were a pompey fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

jackdaw wrote: »
    Chelsea Man City !!!
    DRAW ????

DRAW ???

6 F*cking 0 !!!!!!!!!!

We're BACK!!!!!!

Makes a change from you starting a new thread of despair about how Chelsea are falling apart! :p

Congratulations, you won. You were never actually gone in the first place but I still can't see you winning the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

phb?

kdjac

You gotta sing when you're winning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

jesus as much as i HATE lampard that was an amazing ball into drogs for chelsea's 2nd...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just saw Alan Hansen point out some lack of effort from the City left back (I think it was), attacking play is easy if defenders stop once the player has got past them.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

mike65 wrote: »
    Just saw Alan Hansen point out some lack of effort from the City left back (I think it was), attacking play is easy if defenders stop once the player has got past them.

Mike.
    Yeah saw that too... I think it was Garrido. Utterly disgraceful lack of effort from a professional footballer. I hope the manager noticed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Kenny Cunningham singled him out also on the premiership.

I reckon Sven will drop him after that.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

jackdaw wrote: »
    Chelsea Man City !!!
    DRAW ????

DRAW ???

6 F*cking 0 !!!!!!!!!!

We're BACK!!!!!!
    As much as I hate using the rolleyes smiley, it truly is appropriate in this situation.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

As much as I hate using the rolleyes smiley, it truly is appropriate in this situation.

:rolleyes:

I was so tempted but I hate that fookin' smiley!

One win does not a season make, just as one loss does not a season break.

Wow, I should really be a poet! :D

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Yeah saw that too... I think it was Garrido. Utterly disgraceful lack of effort from a professional footballer. I hope the manager noticed it.

Yeah read my post a page or so back on the game. I singled him out too. It was that f*cking obvious how sh1te he is. Worst display of ball watching I've ever seen. He has to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

in fairness most chelsea fans were nervous about todays game, until we went 3-0 up at which point the mood changed. city were woeful after going 2 down, and their tatic of playing from the halfway line in the 2nd half was asking for trouble. Riley was bloody awful as usual.

nice to see the Cork Chelsea Supporters flag flying high in the Shed End.

Pool doing very well winning 1-0 and letting arsenal have all the ball and come at them in waves, solid gameplan :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Arse much the better team here. Pity about the scoreline. I think Arsenal may find it difficult to score today though with just Adebayor up front. Van Persie will be sorely missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Wenger needs to do 2 things; Flamini has to come off for Bert and Eboue off for Bendtner and go back to a 4-4-2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Pool doing very well winning 1-0 and letting arsenal have all the ball and come at them in waves, solid gameplan :D

kdjac

winning though arent they?

Come an Arsenal. Due a goal

Was a great goal from Stevie G

Liverpool aren't taking any chances in defence, their half is saturated with red shirts every time the ball goes past the half-way line!

I'm so confused, I don't know who to cheer for :( Couldn't bear to hear liverpool fans boasting if they win :p, especially if (god forbid) United don't next weekend! :eek:

Crouchy gettin ready to come on

Spurs lose again. Another last minute goal conceded to welcome the new gaffer.

• Advertisement

Disaster for Spurs, bloody hell... Kick them while they're down, lol

el rabitos wrote: »
    winning though arent they?

yup and if they do win it its a great away win.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Oh my word, what a miss from fabregas...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

yup

kdjac

ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Fwaggle

Class goal from Fabregas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Reina beaten at the near post.

Best keeper in the pl my arse.

Cesc you legend :)

1-1

Now let's keep it that way please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Fwaggle wrote: »
    Class goal from Fabregas

how was it class? :rolleyes:

Because he's a genius??

ntlbell wrote: »

Because he's a genius??

Was a class goal the ball to him was perfect.

Carra gets away with another peno 2 in 2 for him.

kdjac

Was a class goal the ball to him was perfect.

Carra gets away with another peno 2 in 2 for him.

kdjac

a fumbling toe poke and the keeper makes a balls of at his near post.

real classy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Fwaggle

Because he's a genius??

Give it a rest - the buildup was awesome.

I don't recall saying anything about Fabregas being a genuis :rolleyes: right back at ye.

Fwaggle wrote: »
    Give it a rest - the buildup was awesome.

I don't recall saying anything about Fabregas being a genuis :rolleyes: right back at ye.

The pass was classy and that's where the class ended.

I was referring to andy gray calling him a genius earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭BobbyD10

You playing at home against the league leaders, what a chance to close the gap, but what do they do after taking the lead just sit back with their one nil lead, hoping to sneak a counter attack goal, Arsenal fully deserved the draw if not the win tbh, played all the football, hope the liverpool fans at Anfield enjoyed watching football being played.

Anyway up the gunners...should be a good game next saturday teatime..

Bloody excellent game, fair play to both teams

I'm glad i didn't have any emotional involvement in that game, I was a nervous wreck at the end :D

BobbyD10 wrote: »
    You playing at home against the league leaders, what a chance to close the gap, but what do they do after taking the lead just sit back with their one nil lead, hoping to sneak a counter attack goal, Arsenal fully deserved the draw if not the win tbh, played all the football, hope the liverpool fans at Anfield enjoyed watching football being played.

That was the game plan the goal just came early, pool offfered nothing but hoofs arsenal kept their shape and their game and should really have won it.

One thing tho both teams made 3 subs and considerably weakened their own teams.

Utd and Chelsea made 3 and 2 and didnt drop in quality.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

we needed sissoko or lucas on the bench for when alonso came off, that was our only weakness.

Call_me_al wrote: »
    we needed sissoko or lucas on the bench for when alonso came off, that was our only weakness.

nah all you needed was a manager with some sort of clue.

about 5/6 decent players.

and some balls...

apart from that you had no weakness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Is Carragher sleeping with the refs or what? Thats 2 blatent penalties he has got away with.

Oh and remember the debate about Mikel been sent off against UTD and people saying it was a red card, well that decision looks hilarious when you consider Kuyt's tackle last week and Mascherano's tackle today, the refs are ruining this league the players in the league are getting better and the ref's are getting worse and their Full Time now!! Crazy

Utd and Chelsea made 3 and 2 and didnt drop in quality.

kdjac

Wouldn't necessarily agree with this.
    Pique, Flecther and Giggs are substanially worse than first team members...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Call_me_al wrote: »

Our only weakness? What game were you watching? Playing all 4 of our strikers with none of them capable of threatening was one weakness. Sami Hyppia had weakness written all over him. As did a few of Reina's decisions. It looked like a team of weaknesses fumbling a ball around the pitch (when they could get it from the Arsenal)

BobbyD10 wrote: »
    Wouldn't necessarily agree with this.
    Pique, Flecther and Giggs are substanially worse than first team members...

They are identcial to the players who came off :confused:

You were not weaker for having them.

Arbeloa and Bendtner on the other hand :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I am always happy when a team that has an attacking mentality do get something from a game. Like today I was happy when arsenal scored even though I'm not an arsenal supporter because they always try to play good football, even in the last minute they were trying to get their goal on... whereas liverpool, even though they have the players to play an attacking game they don't - so I say screw them.

I can understand teams at the lower end of the league playing a tight game 'cause they mightn't have the players to play an attacking game but to play a boring game and aiming to squeeze out one-nils when ye have the players to do more is unforgivable imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I was referring to andy gray calling him a genius earlier

Any footballer who can tie the laces of both shoes is a genius to Gray

They are identcial to the players who came off :confused:

You were not weaker for having them.

Arbeloa and Bendtner on the other hand :D

kdjac

Ah common, ye can't think Pique is in Ferdinand's league, not a patch on him.
    As for Fletcher hope he plays next week...
    Bendtner only came on cos Van Perise and Eduardo aren't fit... has an excellent future ahead..

• Advertisement

Watched Pique play almost an entire season last season in a better league the guy is class.

kdjac

Advertisement