Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Le Premiership: This Weekend 27-28th October

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Tauren wrote: »
    Personally, i think your opinion is entirely over simplistic. I can't understand how you could never say a team played well despite not winning, or drawing. Teams can be very unlucky, without being crap.

I just don't buy into this 'unlucky' thing. "Oh we hit the post three times, missed from a yard out and the keeper saved one with his arse". Sorry but you couldn't finish your dinner so no amount of good football is going to make up for that at the end of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I just don't buy into this 'unlucky' thing. "Oh we hit the post three times, missed from a yard out and the keeper saved one with his arse". Sorry but you couldn't finish your dinner so no amount of good football is going to make up for that at the end of the game.

You sure? What about a deflected shot? That might do it?

PHB wrote: »

Look I understand your disappointment at losing the derby and the fact United were the better team makes it harder pill to swallow but to say United 'deserved ' to win is ridiculous. The team who takes it's chances deserves to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Agreed. Or bad reffing - see Napoli - Juventus from Saturday. Ref and Napoli player suspended. Napoli win without playing well.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/blogs/al5.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Tauren: despite the fact that Tevez only officially signed for you a couple of weeks before the derby, we are both well aware that he was training with you for a number of weeks before that while the transfer was going through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Look I understand your disappointment at losing the derby and the fact United were the better team makes it harder pill to swallow but to say United 'deserved ' to win is ridiculous. The team who takes it's chances deserves to win.

Did I say United deserved to win? The team that takes it chances deserves to win, no doubt about that, United were shocking, deserved to lose that game. That said, City didn't take their chances either, they got a lucky deflection. If United had won the match with a similar shot you'd be saying the same thing as me.

Did I say United deserved to win? The team that takes it chances deserves to win, no doubt about that, United were shocking, deserved to lose that game. That said, City didn't take their chances either, they got a lucky deflection. If United had won the match with a similar shot you'd be saying the same thing as me.

That's the thing, I wouldn't. Ok forget City/United. Look at the 'pool/Arsenal game at the weekend. Everyone says Arsenal were the better team and deserved to win. Yes they were the better team but no they didn't deserve to win because they scored the same amount of goals as a supposedly boring, long ball team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

here! less of the boring long ball team please :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Lads this is all a tad childish tbh. Having said that I'm looking forward to coming on here after the next Mancs Derby :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Mr Alan wrote: »
    here! less of the boring long ball team please :(

Did you not watch the second half of that match? The whole bringing Crouch on and knocking it up to him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

You're bang on the button, and the team that deserve to finish mid table will!

Enjoy 10th :D

ntlbell wrote: »
    You're bang on the button, and the team that deserve to finish mid table will!

Enjoy 10th :D

I'm equally sure you'll enjoy another fruitless Champions League campaign but hey, who knows, we might surprise each other.

I'm equally sure you'll enjoy another fruitless Champions League campaign but hey, who knows, we might surprise each other.

Surely fruitless is sitting in every champions league match day crying into your pillow because your team isn't it?

Enjoy it! :D

Surely fruitless is sitting in every champions league match day crying into your pillow because your team isn't it?

Enjoy it! :D

The whole world can't be glory hunters and prawn sandwich eaters my friend. If that was the case there would only be a United thread on Boards. I don't think many people could stomach that.

The whole world can't be glory hunters and prawn sandwich eaters my friend. If that was the case there would only be a United thread on Boards. I don't think many people could stomach that.

Yeah, have you ever eaten in dalymount?

How was the LEO prawn?

go down well?

• Advertisement

Yeah, have you ever eaten in dalymount?

How was the LEO prawn?

go down well?

I've only ever had chips at Dalyer. Thanks for asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

that's the funniest thing i've read....funny how there's no mention of the league (expecting us to do well/win it maybe?)

to use Europe when you can only dream of being in it is comedy

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    that's the funniest thing i've read....funny how there's no mention of the league (expecting us to do well/win it maybe?)

to use Europe when you can only dream of being in it is comedy

As I said earlier, we can't all be glory hunters and our hopes have to be on a different realistic scale. I know United can win the league and maybe the Champions League too and I love it when they fail, same way you love that City don't have any success. It's what having a rivalry is all about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

this is funny

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

KdjaCL wrote: »
    this is funny

kdjac
    Indeed. It just seems remarkably similar to a bunch of 6 year olds arguing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Glory, glory Man Utd; glory, glory Man Utd...!

It's all about the glory you see.

Advertisement