Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New L - Legislation , points???

Options
  • 26-10-2007 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Was just reading up on the whole new L legislation for a laugh.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/how-the-law-will-put-brakes-on--ldrivers-1203968.html

and came accross this "The accompanying driver must carry their driving licence. Failure to comply will be a penalty point offence for the accompanying driver"

So lets say I have mates who have not bothered getting their arse into gear and have not gotten or even applied for a full licence yet, thats not my business and if they risk driving around so be it ... Now ... if im in my mates car as a passanger and he gets stopped at a checkpoint , youre telling me ill get a point for not having my licence on me even though im a passeneger!!!!" (i keep my licence in my own car at all time)

Thats F***g ridiculous

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

sorry meant to post this in motors, not modified motors.

mods please delete

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

There are some problems with the new legislation like what you pointed out, but I'm glad they're bringing it in. Gets all the people happy to drive on provisionals all their lives actually looking to doing a driving test instead of getting out of it. It'll make our roads safer in the long run i think.

Advertisement