Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Simply A Poll regarding the new laws (Dont Post)

Options
  • 26-10-2007 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭

Ok there are enough threads reagrding this issue alreay so please keep you opinions to them. This is simply a poll to see how many people are in favour or against the new law changes.

Are you favour of the new law changes? 82 votes

Yes (they effect me)
    0% 0 votes
    No (they effect me)
    14% 12 votes
    Yes (they dont effect me)
    43% 36 votes
    No (they dont effect me)
    41% 34 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Ok there are enough threads reagrding this issue alreay so please keep you opinions to them. This is simply a poll to see how many people are in favour or against the new law changes.

Can you an "Yes - but they need to get the waiting list down" and a "Yes - but 6 months notice not 5 days"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

This is not to start a discussion, i have voiced my opions in other threads.
    jhegarty wrote: »
    Can you an "Yes - but they need to get the waiting list down"

No as the new laws effect people on second provisionals, and the waiting lists aren't two years long.
    jhegarty wrote: »
    "Yes - but 6 months notice not 5 days"

No, as this has been talked about for months if not years. So it shouldn't be such a shock to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jhegarty View Post
    "Yes - but 6 months notice not 5 days"
    No, as this has been talked about for months if not years. So it shouldn't be such a shock to people.
    In that case, the poll isn't going to be an accurate reflection of opinion. I am in favour of the new laws but strongly believe that they should have been brought in in a manner that reflected the testing situation in the country. If the longest waiting time is currently 28 weeks (or whatever it is) then the changes should have been announced to take effect at the end of 28 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

aniascor wrote: »
    In that case, the poll isn't going to be an accurate reflection of opinion. I am in favour of the new laws but strongly believe that they should have been brought in in a manner that reflected the testing situation in the country. If the longest waiting time is currently 28 weeks (or whatever it is) then the changes should have been announced to take effect at the end of 28 weeks.

Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

If the longest waiting time is currently 28 weeks (or whatever it is) then the changes should have been announced to take effect at the end of 28 weeks.

47 weeks in Cork I was told last week when I rang the RSA to change the address on my test application.
    They are doing a good job of putting mis-information about about the length of waiting lists. Maybe some areas have been cut down but I know it isn't here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I agree.

Sadly I voted already though. Said Yes and they do affect me.

The poll is useless. Should probably get a mod to lock it and start again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Agree !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

12 hours of polling should be enough.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement