Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair problem!

• 26-10-2007 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

I've been trying to get a nice sweeping side fringe for over a year!

I do have annoyingly fine/thin hair and any hairdresser I've been to has either just given me a side split with a short bit at the side or told me that as my hair parts a certain way it would fall out of place if not cut along with the parting?!
    Now I'm aware that hairdressers aren't miracle workers but I've seen plenty of people with their hair transformed by great cuts! That's what I want! Maybe its a lost cause but I don't want a full fringe and can't think of any other ways to change my style?!
    Has anyone any recommendations or know any GOOD hairdressers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I know exactly what you mean!! I've asked for a side fringe for years but never seem to get it.

I was once told "you'd have to train this bit of hair to go over there" and "ah yeah there's no such thing as a side fringe"

So ireally don't know!! i suppose tony & guy or a good peter marks could do it. went to peter marks in dundrum last week for subtle highlights and cut and they were so nice.. they really listened and made sure they understood what i wanted!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Quarrybaby

I sympathise with you, I used to find that in a lot of salons you end up coming out with what the stylist likes as opposed to what you actually wanted!! I have been to a lot of salons in the city, but for the past few years i have been going to Hession in Drumcondra and i have to say I would never go anywhere else now. And i travel in from Meath to go there!!!

Paul Hession is the owner/salon director and while it is more expensive to have him cut your hair, it is worth it because you come out feeling happy and he always tends to everyone's individual style. I believe he does a lot of styling for RTE and he has done fashion shows etc, he's one of the top hairdressers in the country.

However all the other stylists are trained my him and just as good as him if you wanted to get it done a bit cheaper. The colourists are all fab too. God i should be getting paid for promoting the place ha ha ha!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

I'm glad someone else knows how I feel!

One hairdresser almost managed it once, she just told me to keep it clipped to the side everynight and after washing where possible to train it! It kinda worked but when I went to go back to her for another cut she was gone! :(

I've been to Peter Marks loads but I might try Toni & Guy....

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Try 'ZOO'

I used to go to Peter marks to get my hair done and they never did it how i wanted it or they just hacked at my hair leaving it in a mess. I now go to ZOO and i would recommend it to anyone seriously!!

Explain what kinda style your looking for, bring pictures to give them an exact idea and they will style your hair as similar to that as possible while cutting it in a way that suits the shape of your face!

[Zoo Hair Salon, 25 Exchequer Street, Dublin 2]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I've a similar prob and get bitter occasionally that I've 'flyaway baby hair' as the haridresser put it at the parting...the rest looks fine, and it can be okay leaving the hairdressers but not for long. I did go to a Toni and Guy hairdresser once and she did a good job, but I'm a poor student again. My normal hairdresser does a great job but spends about ten seconds on my fringe even tho I always tell her my fringe is pissing me off!...are Toni and Guy staff trained in good fringe techniques or something?!

• Advertisement
Advertisement