Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A question for theists...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭TheThing!

Dades wrote: »
    *takes ball and runs with it*

Doesn't that require a certain amount of faith to believe that it's not bona fide?

Like I said in the original post, if you are going to be rigorous, and I suppose if I am going to call myself a scientist I should be, then technically I have to be "a teapot agnostic", so I will revise what I said: I am still awaiting proof of the existence of astrology (I will still laugh at anyone who believes in it though)

By the way the whole takes ball and runs with it thing....as uncool as doing air quotes with your fingers. I suggest you dont do it again if you plan on pulling any hot girls while surfing the Atheism and Agnosticism forums in the future...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

TheThing! wrote: »
    I suggest you dont do it again if you plan and pulling any hot girls while surfing the Atheism and Agnosticism forums in the future...
    And to think I was hoping atheist chicks would be loose and nerdy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Wicknight wrote: »
    "Because it says so in the Bible" isn't really understanding, is it?

Wicknight, would my answer have made more sense to you had I answered without any reference to the bible? It would have read thus; "Yep, as a Christian I totally understand this".
    I can, without reference to the bible understand how an atheist/agnostic can see my belief in a deity as being off the wall.
    The biblical reference merely confirms my understanding as to why some people believe and some can't.

Advertisement