Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Utd Vs Derry City.

Options
  • 26-10-2007 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

If the rain stays away - I'm thinking of taking a stroll down to terryland park this evening to have a look at GUFC Vs Derry City.

I have only been once this year (Vs cork City) & have not been since the new stand was opened.

Just wondering do the (vocal) home fans still sit in the old stand?

Are any Boardies going to head down to this tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Go to a better game - Connacht v Edinburgh, 6.30 at the Sportsground. Free in to the dogs afterwards for a bit of craic...
    Put it this way, better to watch a game of 25-17 or some score like that than a 0-0 draw with actors rolling around like they've been shot! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

Not to fond of the egg chasing tbh, free into the dags sounds good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Ya it's a pity they're both on at the same time...I'd like to see both but the Rugby is better value (and a better standard)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

If the rain stays away - I'm thinking of taking a stroll down to terryland park this evening to have a look at GUFC Vs Derry City.

I have only been once this year (Vs cork City) & have not been since the new stand was opened.

Just wondering do the (vocal) home fans still sit in the old stand?

Are any Boardies going to head down to this tonight?
    I'm gonna be there, hope it stays dry.
    Yes they stay over there thank fcuk; both home and away[both annoyingly vocal]
    The new stand is nice, at least the roof will
    keep the rain out unlike the old stand.
    Their home form has been piss poor this season,
    depressing really but they've picked up points lately.
    Go to a better game - Connacht v Edinburgh, 6.30 at the Sportsground. Free in to the dogs afterwards for a bit of craic...
    Put it this way, better to watch a game of 25-17 or some score like that than a 0-0 draw with actors rolling around like they've been shot! :p
    I can see you havent been in Terryland too often if u think theyd get away
    with diving, this isnt ur multi-million £ premiership :D
    Some of the tackles early in the season would have been red cards
    in the sportsground, and not even a yellow was given :confused:
    Free into the dogs sounds good alright.
    It pisses me off the rugby and football have to clash most times. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Ouch! Did you go to the stadium with the boring draw or did you go to the stadium with the home win.

Connacht drew and Galway United won.

Terryland is a brilliant stadium and let's face it, the Sportsground is a smashing greyhound track but a terrible venue to watch rugby (I was 2 Connacht Rugby games last year but it was pure crap)

For the record, United captain Wes Charles scored a cracking header from a corner to take three points. There were 2218 people at the game.

Brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Ouch! Did you go to the stadium with the boring draw or did you go to the stadium with the home win.

Terryland is a brilliant stadium and let's face it, the Sportsground is a smashing greyhound track but a terrible venue to watch rugby (I was 2 Connacht Rugby games last year but it was pure crap)

For the record, United captain Wes Charles scored a cracking header from a corner to take three points. There were 2218 people at the game.

Brilliant!

Fantastic result, i couldn't make it to Terryland tonight, and great to see another above average crowd. We're top 3 as regards attendance this season.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

ErnieBert wrote: »

Brilliant!

I went to the rugby, and it wasn't boring at all, in fact the result was in doubt right up to the final whistle, Edinburgh had a (what I thought good) drop goal not given with the last kick of the game. Not sure what the attendance was but it was well packed.
    Good to see United winning at home again! Not sure I'd call Terryland brilliant though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

New stand in Terryland is brilliant. You can see The Sportsground from it :D

See photo - DSC00641.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Home win, great stuff it was.
    Would have been a penalty anyway as just before Wes scored one of the Derry defenders thought he was in a GAA match :D
    Was a good thing they managed to get the lights back on to finish the game.

Advertisement