Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handicap Applies to One side Only

Options
  • 26-10-2007 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi there,

I'd like to have your opinion here.

For the snooker game last night, PP had a market on the first frame handicap, showing a +15.5pts handicap for Davis, and no handicap for Hendry. It also mentioned "Handicap Applies to One side Only". It looked weird to me so I asked them:

If for a market, there's a (+) handicap displayed for a side, and none for the other, and it says "Handicap Applies to One side Only.". Like right now it says:
    First Frame Handicap
    Handicap Applies to One side Only.
    Stephen Hendry 4 - 5
    Steve Davis (+15.5pts) 10 - 11

So it means that Stephen Hendry has no handicap against him (or a handicap
    zero), right?

Which I think makes sense... however, here's the answer I got:

In this instance if Steve Davis is +15.5pts it means he begins the game with a 15.5 pt head start so therefore Stephen Hendry has to win by 16 pts or more to win that specific frame.

Where's the logic here?? Is that not some sort of practice to trick people??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I think this is nothing sinister, just horrid phraseology from PP.

I think they mean that you can only apply the hcap once.

e.g, in this rugby league market the betting looks perfectly normal for handicap betting 10/11 twice and 16s the draw,

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_type&category=SPORTS&disp_cat_id=&ev_class_id=27&ev_type_id=386

but again they've emphasised that 'it only applies to one side'.

I'm guessing someone tried to claim a clearly losing bet.
    ('MadeUp Example, someone backed England +8 v the Boks in the RWC final, and tried to claim it was a winner because Eng were +8 and SA were -8, hence once England stayed within 16 they win :)).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Salem BRS

Ha ha... no I'm not trying to claim anything here... just found the thing weird.
    Anyway thanks for your reply :o)

Salem

Advertisement