Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Music Did You Buy?

Options
  • 26-10-2007 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I think it would be cool to find out what kind of CDs the members are currently buying. I'm always interested in what kind of CDs my friends are buying.

I just bought used copies of:

Natalie Merchant - Tigerlily(I've heard this CD just once, when it was new)
    White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan(It's OK so far, but doesn't sound as good as "Elephant" to me).

Depending on the popularity of this thread, I want to make one for the DVD as well. Also, I'm wondering if legal downloading should be added to this thread, like thru iTunes. Any feedbacks would be appreciated.

Edit: I changed the title from "CD" to "Music", so you can post songs/albums other than just CDs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

just bought *ehem* kings of leon - because of the times, love it, great great album!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

The last album I bought was The White Stripes Icky Thump and i thought it was bloody awful. The rest of their stuff is predominantly good (stick with GBMS, it's great after a few listens) but this was a really lazy effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Oceansize - Frames

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Molot wrote: »
    I think it would be cool to find out what kind of CDs the members are currently buying.

Why? So you can compile profiles on the spending habits of Irish internet goers? Files us, categorize us, all in the interest of bigger profits for whatever multinational you work for?

You make me sick! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

What's this 'buying' you speak of?

I recently 'acquired' Biffy Clyro's older stuff (quality by the way), the new Foos and Coral albums and Silverchair's back catalogue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

seasick steve - doghouse music.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I recently 'acquired' Biffy Clyro's older stuff
    definitely quality, them three albums are so much better than the shiny polished turd of puzzle.

if you like biffy seriously check out oceansize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Xavi6 wrote: »
    What's this 'buying' you speak of?

As in exchanging money for musical recording artifacts?

I have vague memories of such a quaint custom...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

seasick steve - doghouse music.

I've been meaning to buy that one after seeing him at the fringe festival,
    Well i bought an Albert Collins live at Filmore west album yesterday, haven't listened to it properly yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Bought used copy of Metallica-''Load'' yesterday- freaking awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Cremo wrote: »
    definitely quality, them three albums are so much better than the shiny polished turd of puzzle.

if you like biffy seriously check out oceansize.

I actually quite like Puzzle. Admittedly it's got the whole mainstream production thing and I can see why older Biffy fans wouldn't like. I just listen to all the albums on shuffle really. Crackin stuff.

well it's not just the shinyness that puts me off, i just think the songs are awfully generic and for a band who were always calling themselves different it's kind of heartbreaking tbh.

the one thing puzzle was real good for was for me to realise that biffy have huge bass lines that i never really took notice of before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Just ordered Manitou - Mad Moon Rising last night, quiality stuff.

Advertisement