Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco Mobile phone service launch

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    €9.99

What do you mean?

You'll get a text when you are near your limit afaik.

I know you can definitely get more than one Talk and Text Bundle at a time, I'd imagine that if you got an In Touch bundle while you already had one it would start straight away, so I guess the answer to that is no.

You can get a 30 day In touch bundle though, and a one week data bundle.

20cent per minute, charged for the entire first minute, then per second.

No problem. :)

Thanks.
    Are you sure voda, O2 and meteor customers are charged only 20c a minute to call tesco mobile customers?

The gprs settings for data (like apn, password etc)- do you know them by any chance?

That's a pity you have to "top up" every week for data.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

mkennedy wrote: »
    Are you sure voda, O2 and meteor customers are charged only 20c a minute to call tesco mobile customers?

No, they'll be charged whatever their network charges. Tesco customers will be charged 20c p/m to call them.
    The gprs settings for data (like apn, password etc)- do you know them by any chance?

Haven't got them to hand but if you need them you can get them off customer care.
    That's a pity you have to "top up" every week for data.

It's as easy as sending a blank text.

No, they'll be charged whatever their network charges. Tesco customers will be charged 20c p/m to call them.

Haven't got them to hand but if you need them you can get them off customer care.

It's as easy as sending a blank text.

OK cheers.
    Reason I ask about the other network rates TO tescomobile is I wonder how easy it'll be to get others to change over even though THEIR friends may have good call rates to them already (meteor to meteor etc).

I'll check out the respective websites- I doubt the rates TO tescomobile are up yet though tbh.

Anyway thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

OK cheers.
    Reason I ask about the other network rates TO tescomobile is I wonder how easy it'll be to get others to change over even though THEIR friends may have good call rates to them already (meteor to meteor etc).

I'll check out the respective websites- I doubt the rates TO tescomobile are up yet though tbh.

Anyway thanks.
    The rates to Tesco would be covered under "other networks". For example Meteor have Meteor prices, landline prices and "other networks" which covers 3/Vodafone/O2/Tesco.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

Lads couple of questions:

How much are the sim-packs.

What are the gprs settings for tesco.

Any way of checking data usage via text etc.

Can you buy as many intouch and data bundles as you want at a time- in other words to last you longer than 10 days etc.

How much are calls TO tesco from voda, O2 and meteor.

Thanks.

GPRS Setttings have recently been added to the settings sticky at the top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I bought a Tesco sim card online last Friday night and it arrived first thing Wednesday morning. They weren't in any of the Tescos near me til Thursday so was worth it. It's great for me actually, I spend an awful lot of money talking to and texting my bf. I had a contract with o2 for a year which should have been 35 euro a month (included 2400 mins off-peak to landlines and other o2) which would have been good except I kept using it during peak times and ringing people on other networks. So for me, it's going from about 70 a month to 20 a month to talk to him/text him as he changed over as well. Even if none of my other friends switch over I'll save money, I still have ~40 mins worth of calls to other networks out of that 20 euro and I probably wouldn't use much more! So perfect for me, no complaints. And everything worked first time I tried

I bought a Tesco sim card online last Friday night and it arrived first thing Wednesday morning. They weren't in any of the Tescos near me til Thursday so was worth it. It's great for me actually, I spend an awful lot of money talking to and texting my bf. I had a contract with o2 for a year which should have been 35 euro a month (included 2400 mins off-peak to landlines and other o2) which would have been good except I kept using it during peak times and ringing people on other networks. So for me, it's going from about 70 a month to 20 a month to talk to him/text him as he changed over as well. Even if none of my other friends switch over I'll save money, I still have ~40 mins worth of calls to other networks out of that 20 euro and I probably wouldn't use much more! So perfect for me, no complaints. And everything worked first time I tried

Great to hear. As I've said before it might not suit everybody but even if it does help a few people cut down on their spending it can't be a bad thing really.

Theres an in-store promotion now where you can get €20 off a phone when you spend over €50 in Tesco.

The network also got a good full-page review in tonights Herald.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Theres an in-store promotion now where you can get €20 off a phone when you spend over €50 in Tesco.

The network also got a good full-page review in tonights Herald.
    You get a phone for a tenner if you spend €50 on yoru shopping??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭,8,1

Does Tesco Mobile offer regular ISP access over GPRS, and if so, what are the settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

They have only one APN which I believe is unwalled

WAP Homepage URL: http://www.tescomobile.ie/wap
    MMS Server: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    Proxy IP Address: 10.1.11.19
    Port: 8080
    APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭,8,1

They have only one APN which I believe is unwalled

WAP Homepage URL: http://www.tescomobile.ie/wap
    MMS Server: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    Proxy IP Address: 10.1.11.19
    Port: 8080
    APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com

This does not work as an "Access Point" though for general Internet access (required for Opera Mini, Gmail, etc.). It only works for WAP.

Advertisement