Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Contact Your Representatives

Options
  • 26-10-2007 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

It is all well and good venting on these forums about the new driving regulations but it is very important to individually act. Don't wait for someone else to send emails.

Everyone should mail, ring, talk to and contact their local representatives about how the regulations are getting introduced. Get your friends and work colleagues to do the same. You can easily find out the contact details for your local TD's via the web, for example the Minister for Transport has a website.

Stay courteous in how you communicate your anger - it will help drive your points home.

Personally I think our driving test system needs improvement BUT Noel Dempsey's overnight approach is not the way to go about it.

If they reduce waiting times between test application and doing a test then the government and co's changes make sense, otherwise they're badly messing a large section of the voting population around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

Well said!
    Im going to do that myself this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kruk

I think that's a right clue. Everyone who feels unsatisfied with 4 days notice should contact TD and let them know how your are angry for it. The thing is, Transport Department staff don't read these forums and most of people are right writing about their reasons of angry. But how they (TD) can change it if they don't know it? So write them, ring them and tell them it's not fair. That's the best way. A huge protest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Gibber

Cheers :)

For those of you who are on Facebook a new campaign group has been setup:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5854408191

Though, I'm not sure how useful it is joining.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Gibber wrote: »
    Everyone should mail, ring, talk to and contact their local representatives
    ...to congratulate them on making progress with the ridiculous existing system!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

...to congratulate them on making progress with the ridiculous existing system!

Come one wishbone, most people would agree that the system needs a change but the timeframe they have brought in is ridiculus. People could lose jobs over the lack of time they have givin the public.

I see you left out the end of the sentance in the quote where it says HOW the new legislation is being introduced.

No problem with the new system but HOW it has been brought in is terrible. Another act now, think later approach from the goverment.

By the way I am fully licensed but find it ridiculus just as much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement