Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching over to Smart - any problems?

Options
  • 26-10-2007 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

I'm in the process of moving over to Smart. My current provider contract terminates on the 7th November. I thought I'd transfer over from my existing supplier via the Eircom Wholesale provided “Intra-Operator migrations capability for LLU service providers”.

However, it appears that my transfer order was rejected by Eircom.Given how fiddly the WLR system was/is, it is possible that the reject reason could be anything from a comma in the address, a typo or anything.

However, what concerns me more is that I've had to contact them myself to find all of this out. Repeated calls, emails and letters have been fruitless to say the least. While I get through to customer support I never get any callbacks or information from order processing and still have no idea if I'll actually get Smart sorted.

Has anyone else had similar issues and been able to come to a satisfactory conclusion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Mr Woods

Oh the memories :)............. went from Eircom to Perlico wanted to go to Smart, so had to go back to Eircom and then to Smart........fooking nightmare. Had the same problem as yourself,(think it was a typo in the Eircom A/C no.) but got it sorted in the end with a few snotty phone calls, 'can i speak to your supervisor' etc :D

Best of luck !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭voyager

As with Mr woods i had some teething problems when changing from eircom to smart, but i can honestly say it was the best move i ever made, stick with it you won`t regret it.

voyager :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

An intra operator transfer means within the same operator - from one product to another.

You needed an inter transfer

and I'm not sure why the reference to WLR (which is a voice product) on the broadband forum

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

DecTenToo wrote: »
    I'm in the process of moving over to Smart. My current provider contract terminates on the 7th November. I thought I'd transfer over from my existing supplier via the Eircom Wholesale provided “Intra-Operator migrations capability for LLU service providers”.

However, it appears that my transfer order was rejected by Eircom.Given how fiddly the WLR system was/is, it is possible that the reject reason could be anything from a comma in the address, a typo or anything.

However, what concerns me more is that I've had to contact them myself to find all of this out. Repeated calls, emails and letters have been fruitless to say the least. While I get through to customer support I never get any callbacks or information from order processing and still have no idea if I'll actually get Smart sorted.

Has anyone else had similar issues and been able to come to a satisfactory conclusion?

I ordered my eircom phone line be switched back around the 17th july, dial tone less than a week later.

So then I order Smart on the 26th july. After two months of waiting for a modem through the door I ring Smart. After lots of transfers and callbacks I get through to someone who knows what they are doing and they tell me my order is still where it was the day it was out into their system. grrrr..

so around days later the modem finally arrives with the nice welcome
    note. you'll be connected in ten days it says. the eircom dial tone disappears from my line a few days later so It looks like ill be connected soon. so 10 days later, nothing, just noise on my line.

I rang Smart yesterday and they tell me my order is complete and that is should be working. Put through to tech support who do absolutly nothing to help and tell me someone will call back on my mobile.

I missed the call but was left a message by a tech support guy who says to ring him back. Half an hour later i ring back and am told he is busy and he'll ring me back. He never did.

Do smart not want to connect people? Do they not want me to be a customer so that i can give them money? In the meantime I have paid three months line rental to eircom for absolutly nothing, nothing!! I'll hit the roof if they have been charging me the month of october.

Would i be within my rights to cancel the order now or am I tied into 12 months?

I

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭DecTenToo

Thanks for the information.

I was using WLR as an example as having worked on developing links into the WLR system from Eircom I know how ropey the XML contract is and how easily anything could come back as cancelled.

I was on the phone on Friday and it appears that there have been issues with the transfer of accounts due to the new system (not suprised, but it's taken a few weeks to get the information).

I should be getting my modem by the end of the week and be switched over by the middle of the second week.

I'll update the thread with progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Think it took me 7 weeks changing from Eircom to Smart which was annoying but well worth it in the long run.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It took me less than a fortnight to change from Eircom to Smart. I guess I was just lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭DecTenToo

surprise, surprise ... on Monday I had to phone up to try and find out why the order was not progressing.

On Tuesday I got a call back saying that they had problems with eircom and I'd be pushed through as a priority order and I'd get the modem at the end of the week.

I had a follow up call on Thursday to say that it was going through.

Friday evening I received an automated email from smart stating
    Due to the complexity of your order there has been a rejection.
    This is currently being rectified and will be reprocessed on the next working day.
    Regrettably your order may take between 10 to 15 working days from point of resubmission.

So I'll be back on the phone on Monday morning to find out what is going on. Of course my current subscriber is set to cancel from 7 Nov, so this is going to get interesting ....

Not impressed, but not really surprised.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

DecTenToo wrote: »
    surprise, surprise ... on Monday I had to phone up to try and find out why the order was not progressing.

On Tuesday I got a call back saying that they had problems with eircom and I'd be pushed through as a priority order and I'd get the modem at the end of the week.

I had a follow up call on Thursday to say that it was going through.

Friday evening I received an automated email from smart stating

So I'll be back on the phone on Monday morning to find out what is going on. Of course my current subscriber is set to cancel from 7 Nov, so this is going to get interesting ....

Not impressed, but not really surprised.. :mad:

What did they tell you about this as i am going thru the exact same thing at moment.

Neonitrix

Advertisement