Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Threads Disappearing?

Options
  • 26-10-2007 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Granted, this should probably be in Helpdesk, but if it's here then standard users can reply too.

A while ago, in the Xbox forum, there was a thread about Speedball 2. I posted on it and the next day it was gone. I couldn't find it through search, and it wasn't in the list of subscribed threads in my User CP.

Yesterday I posted on another thread (which I'm pretty sure was also in the Xbox forum) for the game Portal. And today it's gone. Again, I can't find it through search or User CP.

Have these been deleted or moved, or is something more sinister afoot?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

You should drop one of the forum's moderators a PM and ask him/her if they've had to do a clean-up. They'll let you know I'd say :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Is this your Speedball 2 thread in the Games forum? A while ago, last June?

Can't find anything Portal related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

Maybe they were deleted.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I would see them if they were deleted. I too saw that speedball thread (I used to play speedball till my eyes bled. ICECRRRRRRRRRRREAAAAAAAAAAAM!!)

I found the other threads but can't find that one. Hmmmmmm....
    Can't imagine it was deleted, it seemed fine.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Would it possibly have been lost in the database work?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

wow blast from the past, i loved speedball 2 on the commodore amiga!

I vaguely remembering see the thread too during the week but tbh i didnt read it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

So when do the conspiricy theorys start ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Anti wrote: »
    So when do the conspiricy theorys start ?

around 18.15 on Fridays

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Hagar wrote: »
    Is this your Speedball 2 thread in the Games forum? A while ago, last June?

Can't find anything Portal related.

That's not the one. The thread I'm talking about was from a few weeks ago. It was about the release of it on xbox live.
    You should drop one of the forum's moderators a PM and ask him/her if they've had to do a clean-up. They'll let you know I'd say :)

It's always the obvious answers that I forget about :o
    Would it possibly have been lost in the database work?

I was thinking about this too. But I know bugger all about the interweb to be able to say.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I saw the Portal thread in the Xbox forum yesterday.

I remember cos I thought 'Pfft, fps games on consoles, pfffft'

• Advertisement

You thought right! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Is this the one? From google cache: http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:9npyvp0tqpsJ:boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php%3Fp%3D54232054+speedball+site:boards.ie&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=ie

( boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54232054 -dead )

The previous thread that you replied to regarding Speedball, before this, was in June(Archive copy only)... and before that, January...

So...you have the thread touch of death?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll ask Regi is there is any reason why it might have been nuked in DB work. Alternatively the mod could have deleted it but I can't imagine why.

Portal, by the way, isnt really a FPS its more a puzzle game. It utterly UTTERLY owns and is one of the best things I've played, ever.

Do you like cake? You will be... missed :(

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

On the people who are still alive... It is a FPS though DeV. You shoot portals from a first person view.

Tis no quake though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Giblet wrote: »
    Tis no quake though.

Nothing ever is, unless its rendered in 4 shades of brown. :)

Karoma wrote: »
    Is this the one? From google cache: http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:9npyvp0tqpsJ:boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php%3Fp%3D54232054+speedball+site:boards.ie&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=ie

( boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54232054 -dead )

The previous thread that you replied to regarding Speedball, before this, was in June(Archive copy only)... and before that, January...

So...you have the thread touch of death?
    That's the one! Wonder why it disappeared...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Don't look at me! Maybe there's a hole in the internet?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Dev is goin to try get it back...

russianholes.jpg

Advertisement