Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assasins Creed

• 26-10-2007 2:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

I thought it was released today, havent seen anything about it though. Any news on it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

16th of november.

mass effect a week later :(

kdjac

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Ah fudge, even worse news.

Just been on 360-gamer.com and apparently its gone back to next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Nope, it's out next month (16th of November). It just went gold, so it hasn't been delayed.

Looked at 360-gamer, seems they can't read (financial) reports very well, Ubisoft didn't say AC was delayed. Either way, it's gone gold, so that means it's going to publishing now, no delays, the game is ready and it's just a matter of getting them printed and out to stores in time for the release date (16th).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

The controls and enemy AI were both reported to be poor on a recent playable build. I may pass on this, depending on reviews. A demo would be good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

grizzly wrote: »
    The controls and enemy AI were both reported to be poor on a recent playable build. I may pass on this, depending on reviews. A demo would be good!

No demo apparently.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

grizzly wrote: »

Hopefully they sort it out. The game itself looks incredible but sometimes when I see games that look so good to the eye I'm suspicious about how they'll play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

I was in gamestop today and they had the display boxes out for assasins creed, both for xbox360 and ps3, i was shocked at the 360 price

xbox360 version 84.99
    ps3 version 74.99

Im presuming these are the limited editions but still 85 yoyos for a 360 game is a bit steep

Says he who bought halo 3 legendary but that was a moment of weakness :P

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭EasyFold

I've been looking forward to this game for more than a year now and can't wait for the release.

AC has gone gold yesterday with a launch date of Nov 16th:
    http://www.xbox360exile.com/v2/story-335-assassins-creed.html

Description / Screenshots:
    http://www.xbox360exile.com/v2/game-12-Assassins-Creed.html

To mark it's launch we are also giving away a couple of official AC T-Shirts in our November E-Zine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

shinzon wrote: »
    I was in gamestop today and they had the display boxes out for assasins creed, both for xbox360 and ps3, i was shocked at the 360 price

xbox360 version 84.99
    ps3 version 74.99

Im presuming these are the limited editions but still 85 yoyos for a 360 game is a bit steep

Says he who bought halo 3 legendary but that was a moment of weakness :P

Shin
    limited edition €61.99 on play.com for 360 version

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Rushden wrote: »
    limited edition €61.99 on play.com for 360 version
    Or €35 on Playasia. Not listed there as region free yet, but various other places seem to be saying that it is going to be region free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

KdjaCL wrote: »
    No demo apparently.

kdjac

Call me overly skeptical if you will, but lack of a demo doesn't seem like a very good sign.

They have said the game is so freeform that doing a demo would be too difficult (or take too long), we'll find out soon enough if the game is any good though I guess.

I suspect the game will be region free as previous Ubi games have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

The team making the game have a strong pedigree, they've been working on it for a very long time, they've been marketing it heavily for over a year and they see it as a launching point for a whole series, so I'd be surprised if there's any major issues with it when it gets released.

If there were then they'd have delayed it and made sure it was done right because the game is too important for them long term to risk failure for the sake of hitting this Christmas.

But we'll see in a couple of weeks I guess.

Advertisement