Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Acadamy in North Dublin

• 26-10-2007 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

http://breakingnews.ie/sport/mhmhmhidcwmh/
    Fingal County Council has revealed plans to build Ireland's most modern football academy complex in north Dublin.

The plan is to build the €10m facility in Turvey, between Swords and Donabate.

It will encompass indoor and outdoor all-weather facilities.

There is also an application for a senior football club licence to participate in the new League of Ireland "A" Championship from the 2008 season.

The long-term plan will culminate in the construction of a small sports stadium.

Lots of good news stories for Irish football today.

Although I can see this Fingal team being the next CHF tbh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sporting Fingal is the team name.

Good idea they will train all the coaches in the area up to high standards and any players the schoolboy clubs dont sell to england can play for sporting fingal.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Great news. Lets hope the Gaaliban bigots have the decency to let this get built without their jackboot intervention, but I fear the worst.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

sweet im living in donabate atm, take it its the same spot Shels were supposed to be moving to a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

sweet im living in donabate atm, take it its the same spot Shels were supposed to be moving to a few years back.
    Jaysis, don't say that.

AFAIremember the locals put paid to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

great news indeed

few more around the country would be excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭raheny red

This Fingal ****e it really sickening tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

If its Turvey I doubt it, wasn't the Shels stadium to be near the Lissenhall interchange on the m1? That's the Hearse Rd, Turvey's north of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

raheny red wrote: »
    This Fingal ****e it really sickening tbh!

Eh?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

DesF wrote: »
    Jaysis, don't say that.

AFAIremember the locals put paid to that.

didnt know that, at the time i was studying abroad. Its an ideal location though, and perfect for transport hense Tesco put their distributing facility for all of Ireland in that area recently.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I have been saying for years to anybody that would listen that Dublin North/Dublin North East has no Eircom league team to support.I am from Dublin North east and when I was a young lad had absolutely no exposure to Irish senior football.

Its a big populated area,if they do this right it could be a massive success.

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote: »
    I have been saying for years to anybody that would listen that Dublin North/Dublin North East has no Eircom league team to support.I am from Dublin North east and when I was a young lad had absolutely no exposure to Irish senior football.

Its a big populated area,if they do this right it could be a massive success.

Bohs?

kdjac

Bohs are more North west Dublin,I am from around the Raheny area there is a huge gap on this side of Dublin.From Fairview right out to Balbriggan is a big market that was lost,ok Shels are in Marino now but some still don't consider them a Northside club.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Bohs are more North west Dublin,I am from around the Raheny area there is a huge gap on this side of Dublin.From Fairview right out to Balbriggan is a big market that was lost,ok Shels are in Marino now but some still don't consider them a Northside club.

Fingal will get to the 1st and possibly stay there cant see them breaking into the PL, it goes to 10 teams soon.

kdjac

Thats a shame,I tought Shels move out here would have been a great idea.But that seems dead in the water now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

i would be delighted to this academy happen, anything that can boost footballing talent in the North Dublin locality and football in Ireland as a whole is only positive

dunno about the ''Sporting Fingal'' venture, as has been said it has Dublin City/CHF written all over it. ignore the fact i'm a Shels fan but surely maybe some sort of link up with Shels would be more productive for the academy venture and for both parties? Fingal get an established name as their senior club with better marketing prospects and Shels get a home out of it (similar location they planned to move to before things went to sh!t) that gives the club long term security?

Advertisement