Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2008 Players

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

A Chelsea reserve called Mancienne is a pretty good prospect for a defender. I think he can be gotten fairly cheaply, but i'm not sure as i play as Chelsea.

i managed to get Chiellini pretty cheap too, he was transfer listed... solid player for around the 10 - 15 mark. can't remember what it was. just keep anj eye out for oddities like that, they always come around.
    I'm actually managing England in 2012 now, and Mancienne is my starting DC. He's an absolute ROCK.
    Also in Chelsea reserves- Ben Sahar, I'd recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Anyone know any good left wingers for when you start the game? I've seen some of the youngsters in that position on this thread and they look fantastic but they will take a while to develop. I'm managing Spurs so probably in the price range of £1-9m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

flyswatter wrote: »
    Anyone know any good left wingers for when you start the game? I've seen some of the youngsters in that position on this thread and they look fantastic but they will take a while to develop. I'm managing Spurs so probably in the price range of £1-9m.
    I usually stick to Gamst Pedersen in that price range, or else Samir Nasri (he can play left too)

I usually stick to Gamst Pedersen in that price range, or else Samir Nasri (he can play left too)

Cheers. They sound like good suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I'm actually managing England in 2012 now, and Mancienne is my starting DC. He's an absolute ROCK.
    Also in Chelsea reserves- Ben Sahar, I'd recommend.

yeah Chelsea have a feckton of good youth. Sinclair is also good. he can play on the left too so if you can pick him up cheaply he's a good buy. i'm a bit miffed though, i kinda let Mancienne fester a bit in my game, there'll be be no callup for him anytime soon and it's 2011 but he's still excellent cover for Richards and Terry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

Ha no way Villa let Mika Aaritalo go a couple seasons ago, in ya know reality

If your looking for a good, strong centre back look no further than Christopher Samba from Blackburn. Price £1-2 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 adelinadeluca

Sorry I get it in the wrong thread… The latest Bwin commercial..:)

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1139395/girls_play.

deluca.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Footballmanager

Henri saivet is out of contract at the start of the season and you only have to pay 500k for him he's now worth 9 mill already by 2009.

If you look at Henri saivet's favoured personel you will find mamadou sakho a young rock solid defender for 450k

Lulinha awesome but he will come when he's 18 for 1.8 mill

Hatem Ben Arfa good from the start but not cheap

Karim Benzema good but also very expensive

Carlos Vela a hard one to snap up with him being on loan until he reaches his full potiantial when Arsenal take him back and won't sell him

Kahlenberg very versitille and good goal scorer

Pierre Ducasse strong Dm also good in the air

anyone got any very cheap talent 100k ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Footballmanager

yeah Chelsea have a feckton of good youth. Sinclair is also good. he can play on the left too so if you can pick him up cheaply he's a good buy. i'm a bit miffed though, i kinda let Mancienne fester a bit in my game, there'll be be no callup for him anytime soon and it's 2011 but he's still excellent cover for Richards and Terry.

Scot sinclair when to my school and his brother Jake sinclair who is in the year below me is class and is said to have more potiantial than his brother one to watch out for just wait

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

Are we all in agreement that Mika Aaritalo and Pablo Piatti are ****ing brilliant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 m1ha1

pls y stars at romanian steaua team and i need some nice player in cheep money can you help me

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

anyone got any very cheap talent 100k ?

Ralph Hammouti, young Dutch forward. Should cost about £95k+sell on clause. Becomes a wonderful player.

Samuel Armenteros, young Swedish forward. Costs virtually nothing and can make an immediate impact.

Simon Wagner, young Belgian goalie. Costs about 40k. Becomes a great keeper by age 19 (bear in mind goalies reach their peek in the game aged 31!)

S. Kantarci, young Turkisk defender/wing back left/centre. Can be trained into a very good left winger. Costs about 60k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭kramerica

One player I've never heard recommended is a Belgian GK, Sinan Bolat...

Unsure where he starts off (not at laptop now) but I got him in Jan 2011 for my Nottm Forest side (now in Premiership, thank you). He came via Sparta Prague & Rosenborg but after noticing that my coaches regarded him better than my current no. 1 Joe Hart I threw him in, and in Jan 2012 he was voted 3rd in European Goalkeeper of the year behind Ustari & Casillas, after exactly one year in my team! He has shored things up at the back in a big way and gets MoM once every 3-4 games.

A giant prospect I reckon, and best of all he's only 24!

Charles Andre Doudin is another cracking signing, costs about 190k at the start of the game, worth 5 million inside 2 seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

If you are just starting a new game and have £5.5 mil to spend, Alan Kardec. The best buy I have ever made. Bought him at 18, now 21 and an absolute goal machine.

Big centre forwards and wins almost every ball crossed into the box and 8 times outta 10 he puts them aways.

So far this season 29 goals in 25 games 22 of those in the league and its only January.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Torres is crazy in this game, first two seasons he scored 51 all comps season 1 and 69 all comps season 2

Just been promoted to the Championship with Leeds, have around 2 mil to spend. Can anyone suggest any players?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Just been promoted to the Championship with Leeds, have around 2 mil to spend. Can anyone suggest any players?

What season are u in?

08/09

Up from League 1 at first attempt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

do you guys not start with forming a totally new club ?

I formed Tallaght FC, I'm in year 2018/2019 and i'm top of the Championship. Only half way through the season tho.

started in Div 2 I got promoted the 1st season i played. hung around in div 1 for a few years.. then moved up.. about 4 seasons of nearly getting religated but then i got some good players and was around mid table.. Came second in i think year 2013 and got promoted to Champ, been here a few years.. and as i said i'm top at the moment ;)

08/09

Up from League 1 at first attempt

If u can buy Stancu and Torje, both romanian. Stephan Ireland sometimes becomes available. Loans are prob your best bet though....Liverpool usually have good players in reserve, as do arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pjwright

piatti is good buy within first couple of days of starting game
    toni kroos from bayern is good
    adrien from sporting touted as next deco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

NeVeR wrote: »
    do you guys not start with forming a totally new club ?

I formed Tallaght FC, I'm in year 2018/2019 and i'm top of the Championship. Only half way through the season tho.

started in Div 2 I got promoted the 1st season i played. hung around in div 1 for a few years.. then moved up.. about 4 seasons of nearly getting religated but then i got some good players and was around mid table.. Came second in i think year 2013 and got promoted to Champ, been here a few years.. and as i said i'm top at the moment ;)
    Tallaght's in England is it? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Mr Maroon wrote: »
    Tallaght's in England is it? :rolleyes:

In footballing terms to some, it may aswell be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I was thinking of making a new pack for Fifa manager 08.. Like new pic;s and prices for cars/houss/ all that kinda of stuff.. as well as new Pics for the women ;)

Would ppl be interested in this.. or is it to late as 09 will be out soon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Giggidy

Anyone recommend any players for lower league teams? like league 1 or a weak championship side?

Giggidy wrote: »
    Anyone recommend any players for lower league teams? like league 1 or a weak championship side?

Freddie Eastwood ive found usually gets dumped in the reserves so u can pick him up for a million or 2 maybe but he's worth it and a goal machine up front on his own! got him for crewe, bought him in january and he banged in 30 goals.....got promoted to championship, he got 10 goals in the first 4 games an the board accepted a bid of 4 million:eek::eek: gutted!!!!!

Advertisement