Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAME's pricing policy

Options
  • 26-10-2007 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if they're run as individual franchises or centrally? I picked up Pro Evo 2008 on the 360 in the Square this morning for €59.99 and happened to be passing Dawson Street on my way into work where it's €74.99. Same thing with Eye of Judgement - €99.99 in the Square, €109.99 in Dawson Street.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭wba88

slightly OT sorry OP - I got pes08 for €40 last night and now in the same shop it is €35, whats the deal with that?

AFAIK - they can charge what they want, they arent centrally priced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

wba88 wrote: »
    slightly OT sorry OP - I got pes08 for €40 last night and now in the same shop it is €35, whats the deal with that?

AFAIK - they can charge what they want, they arent centrally priced

i bet it was 35 last night ;)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭wba88

scanned on the till as €40 and the till operator was surprised because it was 'cheap' :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Prices are mandated by head office. There are price updates sent out to the stores in e-mails, some shops just don't check their e-mails too often!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

What Zapp said.

Pricing system is all centralised - chances are the price had only recently dropped and Dawson St. hadn't changed the stickers yet, while The Square's shop had.

Had it been scanned at the till it would have told you the actual price, whatever their stickers said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Same thing with Eye of Judgement - €99.99 in the Square, €109.99 in Dawson Street.

That's 109.99, it didn't come down in price. Was talking to the manager in Tallaght today.

Advertisement