Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 deco2010

johnstone court in sligo is a big bummer of a center

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

eh what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Gillie wrote: »
    eh what?

I think what he was saying is that it doesn't live up to the hype. And tbh, i'd agree.

I think what he was saying is that it doesn't live up to the hype. And tbh, i'd agree.

I think we'd all agree with that.
    The only good things are:
    Virgin
    and
    A nice big Evelrys!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

There's a Tommy Hilfigger shop opening soon too. Great for anyone who likes trousers cut like a clown's that cost an arm an a leg.:D
    It's a nice place, but the shops do leave alot to be desired.
    I suppose you can't go for a pee in Johnston's Court after the pub like you used to. Only because it's locked and night though. (Like I used to be;)).:D

• Advertisement

Jesus ppl what's with ye're bladders!:D

I think the Tommy shop is already open?
    It's beside the O'Connell Street entrance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

I think the womens' clothes shops in it leave a lot to be desired.
    There's not much stock at all in the 'Vila' store; a very poor selection.
    'Pamela Scott' seems to just cater for the mature lady, but there are some nice dresses in there.

I can't even remember what other clothes stores are there, that tells you it didn't leave a very good impression!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

To be honest I was in there today and yesterday and it was so quiet, I wonder how the shops will do.

I'm sure they'll be busy for Xmas!

I'm sure they'll be busy for Xmas!

I don't even want to think how mad it'll be, the town will be wedged every weekend once December comes around

• Advertisement

And so it should be! Get the shopping done early ladies!

Us lads can't actually do that!

I don't start the shopping for presents until about 2 weeks before Christmas Day. Very bad I know. One year I didn't do any shopping until Christmas Eve!

Madge wrote: »
    I don't start the shopping for presents until about 2 weeks before Christmas Day. Very bad I know. One year I didn't do any shopping until Christmas Eve!

:eek:
    Are you nutz???

:eek:
    Are you nutz???

Lol :D are you Mr. Organized then?

Well no but Christmas eve is for getting drunk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Tbh, I can't see it being that busy for xmas. Sony centre and Virgin are the only stores that I can see being busy, Elverys as well maybe.

The amount of new shops in it is horrendous. Quayside had everything new to the town when it opened in comparision to Johnston's Court.

Tommy Hilfiger is just a branch of Ej's like so, I can't really see it being that packed

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Girlfriend was in Johnson's Court today and said a new store has opened called.. "Calendar Club"

I thought "it couldn't possibly be what i think it is" but my initial thoughts were confirmed.

It's a shop.. dedicated.. to.. calendars!

Who needs an Argos with establishments of that caliber?!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

basquille wrote: »
    Girlfriend was in Johnson's Court today and said a new store has opened called.. "Calendar Club"

I thought "it couldn't possibly be what i think it is" but my initial thoughts were confirmed.

Yeah I seen that the other day and thought it was hilarious. Is there really that much demand for calendars in Sligo?

Yeah I seen that the other day and thought it was hilarious. Is there really that much demand for calendars in Sligo?
    I don't know... if they're selling Gemma Atkinson's one, i'm certainly there!

Got sent it in an e-mail today.. humuna-humuna-humuna! :eek:

But on a more serious note.. Calendars, really?! They always seem to be the items left in the sale in Card Boutique or Brodericks.

I can just imagine a mother taking her young son into town for his birthday... and he can pick ANY calendar in the shop he wants.

Seriously.. go into Ho Wong / Peking House or Sakura and ask for a calendar, they've lovely free ones! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I don't know... if they're selling Gemma Atkinson's one, i'm certainly there!

Got sent it in an e-mail today.. humuna-humuna-humuna! :eek:

But on a more serious note.. Calendars, really?! They always seem to be the items left in the sale in Card Boutique or Brodericks.

I can just imagine a mother taking her young son into town for his birthday... and he can pick ANY calendar in the shop he wants.

Seriously.. go into Ho Wong / Peking House or Sakura and ask for a calendar, they've lovely free ones! :D

Maybe there's a lot of calendar connoisseurs in Sligo.

I can't understand it either. Calendars can't really be that big a business to justify the cost of rental although it's not that big. I wouldn't even call it a shop, it's more of corner. Calendars are also a very seasonal time, I can't see them selling outside of December and January.

• Advertisement

That's true.. but i never thought 2 Seasons up in the Retail Park would take off all year round.

And i was in there and it's Saturday and it's doing great business but it is the busy time of year for them (between Halloween and Christmas).

But like you said, January and December is the months for buying calendars. I can't imagine people next June going in saying:

"Do you have this year's David Beckham calendar? What do you mean it's June? I know not of time or months! Be away with ya, foul salesperson and get me my calendar. Post haste chop-chop whit-whoo!"

Shakespeare ain't got sh*t on me! ;)

That's true.. but i never thought 2 Seasons up in the Retail Park would take off all year round.

And i was in there and it's Saturday and it's doing great business but it is the busy time of year for them (between Halloween and Christmas).

But like you said, January and December is the months for buying calendars. I can't imagine people next June going in saying:

"Do you have this year's David Beckham calendar? What do you mean it's June? I know not of time or months! Be away with ya, foul salesperson and get me my calendar. Post haste chop-chop whit-whoo!"

Shakespeare ain't got sh*t on me! ;)

Well 2 seasons is a little different. They change their stock depending on the season. In the run up to christmas or halloween, they sell decorations. In spring they can sell gardening equipment. In summer, bar-b-que stuff (not that we get much of a summer). Although the calendar shop guy may only be renting it for the next few months.

Yeah, i realised that alright but they don't exactly have much of a need for seasonal decorations in the first six to nine months of the year.

I mean Summer fair enough and Easter.. but only so much you can sell there!

Halloween and Christmas.. they can attach Santa or a Witch to a plastic dog-turd, slap some glitter on it and sell it for €30! *

* this post does not give the right for 2 Seasons to steal my ideas for decorations for the coming festive season!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

wouldn't clasify the canlander club as a store either, it does appear that its filling a space, have seen similar set ups in other stores, more of a seasonal set up, ie, could be chocalate assorments come easter

also on shoping, seen the new stores in the quayside, you know, down the esaclater to tk max, walk around the basment level, and up the travelater to the mezenae level (very badly laid out), wouldn't it make more sence to have a travelater from the ground level, ie, beside next, down to the mezenae, then another travelater from there to tk max, and prehaps a stair case from outside next to tk max as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

I saw that Calender Club place aswel. It's not a real shop, with units and all though it's just like the shell of a shop with calenders in it!

Galway had that shop last year for November, December and January, it was only like a shell with calenders in it aswel. It only stays open for those few months and then something else is put into it. So we can most likely look forward to a new shop in there in '08!!!

In fairness that unit looks like it may be some sort of seasonal/transient (sp?)
    unit where different shops will be there from time to time.

I love two seasons!:D A also love Xmas! There may be a connection there!

Claires Accessories must be opening soon, like really soon.
    Walked by it today and it's pretty much all stocked up.
    YAY:D

I saw them stocking it on Monday. I'd better say goodbye to my money!! My daughter loves that place.

Haha I know and then up at the till they make me feel obliged to buy more stuff!!!

About time we got a Claires though.

• Advertisement

They are meant to be open sometime today. I was in there this morning and the staff said it would be today. Have fun:D

Advertisement