Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Will have a look in tomorrow. Heading down to Quayside anyway 'cos the Cara Pharmacy is having a celebratory opening day. Loads of special offers and giveaways and such

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

I was in Claires today, ohh god I bought so much stuff, ya gotta love it!
    They are really nice in there too.
    YAY accessories!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

YAY accessories!

Ladies, ladies please

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

YAY accessories!
    Whoa whoa whoa.... Claire's sells accessories?!

... who else knew this?! :confused:

And why wasn't I informed?! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Damn my Sarcasm Detector just exploded!

Ye wimmin love your shopping! Glad we have a dedicated thread for it?

Keep it busy!
    (Can't wait to see this thread when the sales are on in January!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

basquille wrote: »
    Whoa whoa whoa.... Claire's sells accessories?!

... who else knew this?! :confused:

And why wasn't I informed?! :mad:

:(
    Leave me
    Haha!
    Seriously I am like way too happy about Claires. Nobody else feels the same!
    I am liking Johnstons Court now.
    I work there so I may be a little bit biased but then again there is a few shops I like in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Dear Friends,
    Please whisper when discussing Claires, its far too close to Christmas, DON'T let my daughter hear its open. Many thanks.
    With regards,
    Sue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I am being dragged in there tomorrow, my purse is crying already and I've remortgaged the house in preparation.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Has the Tommy Hilfiger shop opened yet, if so whats it like?

And when on earth is the Tom Tailor shop opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Has the Tommy Hilfiger shop opened yet, if so whats it like?

And when on earth is the Tom Tailor shop opening?

think TH is opening this weekend, heard nothing at all on tom tailoring, anyone know whats going in across from elverys

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »
    anyone know whats going in across from elverys

Thats where the Tom Tailor shop is going i think!I

The Jean Scene was looking really far on in preparation on Thursday so should be open this weekend.

Has anyone been in the new Mansworld shop in Quayside SC,I haven't gone in,mainly because its always empty when I go past it and doesn't seem to be too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I like Mansworld, for the few gadgets they sell.
    Tommy Hilfiger is opening tomorrow.

had a quick look around jean scene today, not a bad selection, but who exactly is the ankour shop in johnsons, would have thought it was elverys or virgin giving their size, but if toms tailors is going arcross from elverys, its also going into quite a big space

:confused:

Looks like Debenhams are planning on opening a store in Sligo.I wonder where it would be located.
    Great news though even if the article is a little old but just came across it now.

http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2007/10/24/story46054.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

whats going in the old Sligo office supply shop? (What glorious alliteration!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

dammit, i heard ages back but i cant remember. i think it's hallifax

Yes I think it is Halifax going in there.

I heard Heatons are going into the old Woods' building but wouldn't extra car parking need to be provided before they move in?

I heard Heatons are going into the old Woods' building but wouldn't extra car parking need to be provided before they move in?

Surely not! Thats a crazy place to go!
    What about Cleveragh! Loads of free units there with tonnes of car parking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

apart from world of wonder has anyhting else moved there?

World of Wonder havn't moved there,it Smyths.World of Wonder was down by the docks but has been shut down for a few years.Cash and Carry kitchens is down beside Smyths at Cleveragh.

It seems like an awful place for Heatons to go,its away from all the action in town.But maybe in the long run is might work out when all the developments are done between Teeling St and Market St but thats in the very long run.

• Advertisement

World of Wonder havn't moved there,it Smyths.World of Wonder was down by the docks but has been shut down for a few years.Cash and Carry kitchens is down beside Smyths at Cleveragh.

It seems like an awful place for Heatons to go,its away from all the action in town.But maybe in the long run is might work out when all the developments are done between Teeling St and Market St but thats in the very long run.

Not really. Those developments are well in hand by the looks of things.
    The Eastern Bypass will be starting soon (hopefully) so that will provide greater access.

Its either there or the retail park at carraroe and that's pretty full!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

That end of town will be picking up as the new developements finish. I just wonder if the town can handle any more cars with the parking stuation already so bad and only pipeline plans for multi stories. The corporation mooting plans does not give you somewhere to leave your car. I was in town at 10 o'clock last Saturday morning and Wine Street car park was full. Got parked in Quayside, but there wasn't much left there either. I'm dreading the Christmas. Must try and do my shopping next week and get it out of the way (never happen).

trying to find the numbers for pcworld and currys in the retail park, pc world site under construction, no currys ireland site, and cant be found on 11850.com, any sugestions guys

Yeah, both very tough to find.

Found PC World in the Business Listings in back of phone book (NOT IN GOLDEN PAGES).

Haven't got them close to hand as i phoned from home.. not mobile.

found number for pc world, had to ring currys in galway to get sligo branch,

:D

why don't they make their contact details more accesable

:confused:

So Virgin has been rebranded as Zavvi now.. they're owned by Virgin but the store is much greener now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

It was a management buyout. It happened just before the Virgin in Sligo opened but the rebranding is only taking place now. Richard Branson realised that selling boxed set DVDs of T.V.shows would only make big profits for a while. Virgin (megastores) has already seen a huge drop in it's value in the last few years, with music sales dropping and more and more online buying. Get out while the going's good I suppose.

Not to mention the fact that you get a lot of music and dvd's in Tesco, Dunnes, Xtra Vision etc.

The music shops don't have a monopoly anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Rozbeef

interesting what's happened to virgin. hopefully zavvi will do good. always seems packed in there.

• Advertisement

I was in Zavvi today and was talking to the Security fella for about 30mins and he says its been dead in there and probably will be for the next few months

Advertisement