Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

basquille wrote: »
    Tell me about it.. I bought a fairly cheap Gap t-shirt when I was in London about 8 years ago.

The shirt was still perfect as of Summer last year - no holes, no fading, in perfect shape - but threw it out. Felt it was time.

Have bought similar Gap t-shirts since.. and none of them even compare! :(
    Yeah, seen that one alright ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Heatons in Carrick is Nice.

But as bobcar said the real draw is Sportsworld.
    Great golf stuff there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I had a strange experience in a local supermarket today.

I looked everywhere for a cheese grater, no luck, so I spotted a member of staff, hauled the trolley over (Evian 1.5l x 6 half price!), and asked for a cheese grater, the helpful chap (Eastern European) smiled and brought me to the crisps and with a furrowed brow, was searching for Cheese Graters Crisps, so I was trying to push the trolley after him, while miming grating actions, and saying "Cheese" a little louder than normal (why is that?). So he looks at me perplexed (and maybe a little alarmed), shrugged his shoulders and sauntered off.

So I carried on shopping, then met another member of staff, and asked again. She looked very capable, nodded and took off. I struggled valiantly after her, to be brought to..... the cheese aisle. Triumphantly, she turns to me and says "Cheeeeeez". And off she went.

I said to the child, we're not having much luck with the language today are we?! But the most astonishing thing was, a few minutes later, I got a tap on the shoulder from a fed up looking Irish member of staff, who handed me a cheese grater, said she had overheard, and apologised.

Theres hope for us yet!

Maybe she was getting you the cheese first??

You're lucky you didn't ask for an onion peeler :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Or a bicycle pump :eek::rolleyes:

Holding an imaginary block of cheese, and making grating actions was quite bad enough thanks! :o

magnumlady wrote: »
    Or a bicycle pump :eek::rolleyes:
    Jesus magnumlady you used to be so innocent before you joined boards.ie. ;)

muffler wrote: »

I KNOW!! Shes gone mad! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

muffler wrote: »
    Thats right. And of course you used to be a feminist. I was an idealist and Gillie wasnt sarcastic...before boards.
    All change everyone off. :eek:

• Advertisement

tuppence wrote: »
    Thats right. And of course you used to be a feminist. I was an idealist and Gillie wasnt sarcastic...before boards.
    All change everyone off. :eek:

I resent that remark!!!:eek:

Actually no your soooooooo right!;)

Gillie wrote: »
    I resent that remark!!!:eek:

Actually no your soooooooo right!;)
    There he goes again bless him. Tongue in both cheeks. And there I go again getting drawn off topic by Muffler!:eek:
    Right I reckon Ikea is more than a fade its a religion too. But personally I miss Woolworths in O Connell street in Sligo. :(

There he goes again bless him. Tongue in both cheeks. And there I go again getting drawn off topic by Muffler!:eek:
    Right I reckon Ikea is more than a fade its a religion too. But personally I miss Woolworths in O Connell street in Sligo. :(

Wow! That does bring me back! How long ago was that?

Wow! That does bring me back! How long ago was that?
    Cant rightly remember I was just a babe in arms.;)

Cant rightly remember I was just a babe in arms.;)

??
    You were a good looking "byrd" with a gun or you were a baby being held by an adult?:D

Get a room you two :D

??
    You were a good looking "byrd" with a gun or you were a baby being held by an adult?:D
    A babe then and now. :p (sarcasm contagious)

Why do people keep telling me to get a room. Thanks but have roof over me head :confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but can we get back on topic please..

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

you read it first here ... argos en route to sligo ... more to follow in local papers this week

Great news Sligored... is it confirmed? And where about? I presume it's not going in that lot in Castle Street (formerly Woods).

Might put it up as a new topic to get more notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Sligored wrote: »
    you read it first here ... argos en route to sligo ... more to follow in local papers this week

aaaah! Yayaayayay!

dvd shelf ahoyhoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

cant say any more at the moment.. not woods

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Sligored wrote: »
    cant say any more at the moment.. not woods

Collooney, I reckon. I heard Tesco for Collooney as well

Culchie wrote: »
    Collooney, I reckon. I heard Tesco for Collooney as well
    Or possibly down in the Cleveragh Retail Park.. all those large empty lots going completely unused. Shame really. Think that was where it was originally planned to go.

All up in the air though.. could be anywhere really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Collooney makes sense for Tesco for the parking they will require. Look at the site in Carrick on Shannon.

There's a vast swath of land recently cleared .... I don't see any more commercial units required for the area...which begs the question...why clear the land?

I heard a whisper a couple of months back, I'd be pretty confident Tesco is going to Collooney ...if that's the case, Argos would probably piggy back on that. Easier distribution point to Dublin as well, and I presume cheaper land and rates.
    Although for Argos, Cleveragh would be fine, my money is on Collooney.

Oh my goodness you've got our household all excited!!
    Better still Collooney ....fantastic.:D:D:D
    Just wondering...this isn't an April fool is it??:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Oh glee! I really hope this is true! *starts making list of stuff to buy*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

I'll try to find out about Tesco,contact works in head office so they usually hear where new stores are going to open close to starting building.....
    Great news about Argos!!

UPDATE:
    Tesco has applied for planning in Collooney!! It's going to be energy efficient and quite a good size store. Hoorah!!!

I'll try to find out about Tesco,contact works in head office so they usually hear where new stores are going to open close to starting building.....
    Great news about Argos!!

UPDATE:
    Tesco has applied for planning in Collooney!! It's going to be energy efficient and quite a good size store. Hoorah!!!

Great stuff - I hope it has an in store Tesco restauarant like the one in Castlebar. Had a lovely Brunch Bap and a coffee for 2.99 there last Sunday, extremely good value!

• Advertisement

sueme wrote: »
    I KNOW!! Shes gone mad! :p

I've been mad for years!!:D:D Just got worse because you lot are a bad influence.

Advertisement