Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

mcgowan.b wrote: »
    Funny you should mention that, I was in mollys last night getting some grub, and my change was practically thrown at me without so much as a thankyou or a word uttered. Its kinda the same in most places really (4 lights are polite though, so long as its not 3 in the morning and wedged)

Is there anywhere else that does offer good service apart from the aforementioned? I wonder.........

I hate it when change isnt handed to me rather I have to pick it up , just a personal thing to me though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

gustavo wrote: »
    I hate it when change isnt handed to me rather I have to pick it up , just a personal thing to me though[/quote

Thanks exactly what I was thinking last night. Its such a small thing to do, hand change to someone and it make a huge difference at the time, Its too clinical without it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

gustavo wrote: »
    I hate it when change isnt handed to me rather I have to pick it up , just a personal thing to me though

Unfortunately, its sorted of 'trained in' to staff to do this 'especially pub/retail trade'

The logic being that the change is displayed in front of the customer, if you hand the change to the customer, the automatic reaction is for them to put it into their pocket/purse .... so if there is any debate on how much change one should have received, it's difficult to prove one way or another. If the change is laid out before the customer, it's there for all to see.

I'm not saying it's correct, it's just the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I'd say this is the place for what I'm going to say.

Allendale Furniture are having a sale tomorrow morning( Saturday 19th ),basically what I gathered from the radio add is that they will accept any 'reasonable' offer on any of their stock....doors open 10am and first comes first served.

I'm not interested in this but I'm sure someone might be!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I'd say this is the place for what I'm going to say.

Allendale Furniture are having a sale tomorrow morning( Saturday 19th ),basically what I gathered from the radio add is that they will accept any 'reasonable' offer on any of their stock....doors open 10am and first comes first served.

I'm not interested in this but I'm sure someone might be!

Yeah.
    Unfortunately they are supposedly closing down!
    I got a really nice painting up there once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

i thought i was a unisex shoe shop, theres a clarks franchise though, not sure if its the same place

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Its L-Bee's part of Cordners as far as I know in Johnston court, I think its unisex, never been in there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

magnumlady wrote: »
    Its L-Bee's part of Cordners as far as I know in Johnston court, I think its unisex, never been in there though.

I think its Ladies and Gents, no kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Exit is the kid's clothing place.

L-Bees are owned by the same people who own Cordoner's.

Gillie wrote: »
    Unfortunately they are supposedly closing down!

I don't think thats true,one of my co workers' brother works in Allendale and said its not closing down,it was just a random sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I don't think thats true,one of my co workers' brother works in Allendale and said its not closing down,it was just a random sale.

Oh. Right.

Well that's good news!

Bonsai Trees in Lidl Thursday 24th April

Little one Indoor 25cm e6.99
    Large Indoor 65cm e69.99
    Large Outdoor 40cm e27.99

I'll be there first thing Thursday if any of you workers/captains of industry, need one picked up (little ones as I'll be walking!) let me know.

Yes please Sue! I'll take a little bonsai tree :D

I don't know what my hours will be like from Thursday but I will pm you to arrange collection!

No probs Xiney, the e30 collection charge is VAT deductible.. :p

doh! I should have seen that coming :P

Seriously though I was just thinking that I wanted a plant of some sort for the kitchen window - planticidal cat be damned!

I think I picked up the best bargain ever today.

I was in Homebase and a lady in the que ahead of me was buying two Topiary trees which come in a pot,the original price was €144.99 and reduced to €72.99 or so and then I over heard the girl saying are they meant to be 15cent....Yes 15cent.So I went out to the garden centre and found them and bought the last two but if there had been 10 or so I probably would have bought them aswell.

So basically I got 2 topiary plants for 30cents instead of like €145.

Not bad huh...!

I think I picked up the best bargain ever today.

I was in Homebase and a lady in the que ahead of me was buying two Topiary trees which come in a pot,the original price was €144.99 and reduced to €72.99 or so and then I over heard the girl saying are they meant to be 15cent....Yes 15cent.So I went out to the garden centre and found them and bought the last two but if there had been 10 or so I probably would have bought them aswell.

So basically I got 2 topiary plants for 30cents instead of like €145.

Not bad huh...!

Damn you! I'll give you 60c for them - 100% profit???

Lucky you, my ex works there and I used to get loads of those great bargains, no more though...

I miss him... :D

Ahh poor you.

Who is he or do ya wanna keep that under wraps.I get all the hints aswell of what will be discounted and always get my friends staff discount...20%,its great!

Ahh poor you.

Who is he or do ya wanna keep that under wraps.I get all the hints aswell of what will be discounted and always get my friends staff discount...20%,its great!

Any chance you could drop some of those hints our way? we'd be ever so thankful......:)

You just need to know the right people who work there.Not much I can do,sorry:(

• Advertisement

You just need to know the right people who work there.Not much I can do,sorry:(

True. Still, if one were to get wind of one such offer or deal, then it would only take a moment for one to post such information here, wouldn't it?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Yeah Bob if you do hear something in the offing don't be afraid to take a sec and post it up here for us!

genie wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply, I was just wondering how much of a say, if any, the Chamber of Commerce would have over stores looking to open up in Collooney.

There is a new furniture place in Collooney, behind the sports centre - Allendale or something like that. Must have a look! :)

Tesco are looking to open in Manorhamilton, I believe.

Drove past the furniture shop in Collooney, its Arramount. I didn't go in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

magnumlady wrote: »
    Drove past the furniture shop in Collooney, its Arramount. I didn't go in though.

Ah, Arramount! I knew it was something beginning with 'A'! :D

I just wrote a complaint to Tesco Ireland about the state of the store in Sligo.

One too many times of going in for something simple (last night was a green cabbage) and coming out empty handed. Cucumbers, Scallions, Cabbage. Shouldn't really be a problem, you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Xiney wrote: »
    I just wrote a complaint to Tesco Ireland about the state of the store in Sligo.

One too many times of going in for something simple (last night was a green cabbage) and coming out empty handed. Cucumbers, Scallions, Cabbage. Shouldn't really be a problem, you know?

They're desperate for re-stocking the fruit & veg stock and while I'd prefer to buy from a local fruit & veg shop, their opening hours rarely suit.

As for other Tesco stock - they ran out of cannelli beans in November & only got them back in 3 weeks ago. I missed my cannellis. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

Xiney wrote: »

Well done! The state of that Tesco is shocking. We've gone in loads of times to find blue bread on the shelves as well, I'm not talking about a little bit of blue either. How many times have you come out with everything on the shopping list? Have to say, we're driving to the North for our shopping now. Parking is better, shelves are full, fresh, better bargains and more choice as well and it is worth the drive for now while the exchange rate is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Well done! The state of that Tesco is shocking. We've gone in loads of times to find blue bread on the shelves as well, I'm not talking about a little bit of blue either. How many times have you come out with everything on the shopping list? Have to say, we're driving to the North for our shopping now. Parking is better, shelves are full, fresh, better bargains and more choice as well and it is worth the drive for now while the exchange rate is very good.

It'd probably take less time to drive up North than find a parking space in Wine St car park on a Saturday afternoon.

I've stopped shopping there now, the store is a kip and one of the staff members was really rude to me when I had to return something.

• Advertisement

I need to get my license :mad:

I wouldn't shop there either except it's on my way home from work - and it's still open at that hour.

Maybe if Tesco get enough complaints they'll do something about it? (I'm an optimist)

Advertisement