Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'd say stock is long gone by now!

I'm awaiting a copy from England for the 360 that I bought for €47, will sell it to a fellow Sligoman for €45. Probably won't be here til next week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Bah, I won't be around then. 1 long weekend in Sligo is enough for me :p

I remember when Halo came out, they were selling it for €50 and they still are. So here's hoping they'll get a few more in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Picked up GTA last night - last copy on the shelves :cool:

Cheers for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Cheeky one here!

Xiney is doing some free portraits of your children,or anyone of any age infact,surely thats a bargain if you just look at some of her work.

Oh and its only for a limited time only until she feels she gets better and more confident at it and builds up her portfolio.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

You are cheeky.

But thanks :)

• Advertisement

Pssst,

Homebase are having a partner event of 15% off this weekend,I know the managers were handing vouchers out to businesses in town the last few days like the banks,hospital,guards,and elsewhere.Its a voucher only event but there might be some vouchers in the store as there will be some left overs so its worth a try but don't quote me on it.
    Could pick up yourself a bargain if you get hold of a voucher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Pssst,

Homebase are having a partner event of 15% off this weekend,I know the managers were handing vouchers out to businesses in town the last few days like the banks,hospital,guards,and elsewhere.Its a voucher only event but there might be some vouchers in the store as there will be some left overs so its worth a try but don't quote me on it.
    Could pick up yourself a bargain if you get hold of a voucher.

Must have a scout out for one - I spent €4k there last Friday.. it was a 10% off day & I managed to blag an extra 20% off a kitchen. :D

Did you buy that early in the morning on the Friday off a girl call Laura by any chance.
    When are you moving into the new house anyway,could save yourself a fair bit if you need to buy loads of new bits and pieces.

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Did you buy that early in the morning on the Friday off a girl call Laura by any chance.
    When are you moving into the new house anyway,could save yourself a fair bit if you need to buy loads of new bits and pieces.

Can't remember the girls name - but it definitely wasn't early morning.. I only fell outta bed at 2 last Friday! We've most of the stuff bought for the house at this stage.... got a fair bit of it in the sales in January & waited for the discount days to pick up other bits.

Homebase is actually not too expensive if you get the discounts & the quality of their stuff is very good. I was gonna buy the kitchen in Ikea - they'd a very similar one there, but with the exchange rate, plus transport (van hire or delivery) plus the sheer hassle of getting up & down from Belfast, it was easier & cheaper to get it in Homebase. Then there's always the danger of something going missing & it's a lot easier to pick up pieces from the retail park!

Then there's always the danger of something going missing & it's a lot easier to pick up pieces from the retail park!

You'd think so wouldn't you,but thats not always the case...just keep an eye on your order,thats all I can say

• Advertisement

Will do - though if I put it together the usual way I put flatpacks together (ie., start by throwing the instructions away), I'll end up with a few bits over!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Someone I know got a kitchen from Homebase and were missing parts, which took a few weeks to get. Do a complete inventory well before fitting.

Anybody know when Tom Tailor will be opening in Johnston Court? They seem to be doing alot of work over the past 6 weeks but it doesnt seem to be any closer to completion.
    Also any word on Esprit opening in the centre?

The on the window of the €2 shop in quayside is says closed for renovation.Does that mean they are going to open up in there again because there had been a rumour of something else opening there but can remember what it was:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

There was a rumour about a shoe shop:(....like we need another one.
    I see the jewellers are having a sale, as they are closing for renovations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

magnumlady wrote: »
    There was a rumour about a shoe shop:(....like we need another one.

I though ye wimmin loved shoes!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Gillie wrote: »

Bah. That's just a myth! :pac:

takola wrote: »
    Bah. That's just a myth! :pac:

Speak for yourself!

Gillie wrote: »

I ain't yer typical woman, would rather have a gadget shop any day of the week.

More shoes for me!

We need a shoe shop that sells women's shoes up to size 9 for prices less than a promise of my first born....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I ain't yer typical woman, would rather have a gadget shop any day of the week.

Yep I'd have to agree. :D

Sounds dodgy.

Aer Arann Offer 20% off all flights for 3 days.

I was looking at flights to Dublin in July and they are e20 all in, each way.

oooh cheap!

too bad getting to the airport is such a pain.

I think the bus to Strandhill goes to the Airport before flights.

hmmmm.

interesting...

I walked past the Vodafone shop in O'Connell Street today and its closed down....I wonder why. The one in Wine Street is gone too.

Isn't there a Vodafone shop in Tesco Arcade aswell? Mad having three so close together.

Yep there is one in the arcade too. As far as I know thats the only one open now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Quick question - What are PC Worlds closing times during the week?

Advertisement