Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Not completely sure if this is right but

Monday/Tuesday:10-6
    Wednesday:9-7
    Thursday/Friday:9-9
    Sat:10-6
    Sun:12-6

Again I'm not completely sure but thats as cloase as I think it is.

Also new ladies shoe shop opening in Johnston Court in the next couple of days.

Had a lady in the shop today looking for 3 ladders to be delivered,i couldnt quite catch the name of the shop but its beside Peter Marks so I'm presuming its where the calander shop was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Vodafone is also opening in Johnston Court, the wine shop has closed down.

The new shoe shop will be called the Shoe Rack.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

the wine shop is being turned into a pub - it's going to be linked to that one on o'connell street that starts with an H (can't remember the exact name) and has been closed down for around a million years.

So it's going to be a pretty big pub... probably another unz unz unz post 10 pm types.

Oh Hargadons pub, hows that going to work I wonder, with an entrance in the shopping centre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Xiney wrote: »
    the wine shop is being turned into a pub - it's going to be linked to that one on o'connell street that starts with an H (can't remember the exact name) and has been closed down for around a million years.

So it's going to be a pretty big pub... probably another unz unz unz post 10 pm types.

I'm confused here. There are a few vodafone shops. One in Tesco arcade, and that can't possibly be linked to hargadons. The one on the entrance to the wine st carpark, not going to happen, and another one on O connel St, but the shopping center is in the way of that one

btw, what does unz unz unz mean?.

Am I missing something here?

I had heard in the paper that Hargadons pub was going to be linked to the Wine shop in the Shopping Centre.
    It said something along the lines of been able to access the pub through the shop so I'm not completely convinced that a Vodafone shop is going in that spot.

I think you are getting confused.
    Hargadons is going to be linked into the shopping centre where the wine shop used to be.

The Vodafone shop isn't going to be linked to anything. Its on the same side of the shopping centre as the 3G store.

Oops!

I thought that because the Wine shop has shut ye were suggesting that the Vodafone shop might go in there.

Tom Tailor is taking a while to open,while the shoe rack seemed to have popped up out of nowhere.

I re-read my post, my mistake, I worded it really badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Big_Mac wrote: »
    btw, what does unz unz unz mean?.

Am I missing something here?

Thats the noise really bad dance music makes when someone is playing it from their car / or if you're listening to it from outside a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

I heard Hargadons was sticking with it's old style. No music and no TV just good drink, good food and the occasional bit of live music in the evenings.

Thank god if it does, at last there might be a decent pub in Sligo again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Iompair wrote: »

Yeah, we need a good pub with good character. Bring it on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Not sure if I've said this before but it was also the most expensive pub in Sligo :mad:

I think I had only been in it once but I'm looking forward to the opening of it!

Hopefully they will attract some fairly big bands with the Live music.

The girlfriend says the new show shop in Johnston Court is really nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thats the noise really bad dance music makes when someone is playing it from their car / or if you're listening to it from outside a pub.
    Iompair wrote: »
    I heard Hargadons was sticking with it's old style. No music and no TV just good drink, good food and the occasional bit of live music in the evenings.

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Yeah, we need a good pub with good character. Bring it on

Unless Im missing something here I dont see what the above posts (and indeed a few previous posts) have to do with shopping in Sligo.

Can you all please keep on topic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

muffler wrote: »
    Unless Im missing something here I dont see what the above posts (and indeed a few previous posts) have to do with shopping in Sligo.

Can you all please keep on topic

Hargadons pub is directly linked to Johnstons Court shopping centre, which is how it ended up being discussed here. It is on topic, although it may seem not to be.

I recall someone saying the Vodafone shop on O'Connell Street was closed,walked past it today and it was open,it has been painted white and looks a bit different inside,I didn't go in though!

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I recall someone saying the Vodafone shop on O'Connell Street was closed,walked past it today and it was open,it has been painted white and looks a bit different inside,I didn't go in though!

It was just a refit. It matches the other 78 Vodafone stores in town now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Not sure if I've said this before but it was also the most expensive pub in Sligo :mad:

Why can't people make the connection between quality and value, rather than 'cheap or expensive'?

To run a good business, be it a pub or anything, you need good staff, you have to buy in good produce/food from good suppliers, and you have keep it clean and well maintained. Especially staff.... monkeys and peanuts come to mind.

These things cost money ..... there's plenty of dumpy pubs with moody bar staff serving crappy food around the place.

If I have to pay 10 cents extra for my pint, I won't begrudge it them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

sueme wrote: »
    Hargadons pub is directly linked to Johnstons Court shopping centre, which is how it ended up being discussed here. It is on topic, although it may seem not to be.
    This has now got to the stage of discussing the cost of a pint and quality of bar food it seems etc etc.

If people want to talk about pubs then start a thread on pubs but in the meantime the topic is shopping in Sligo so I expect to see posts that are appropriate to the thread title.

Question:

where can I get dumbells heavier than 5kg each in Sligo? Elverys only went up to 5kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Question:

where can I get dumbells heavier than 5kg each in Sligo? Elverys only went up to 5kg.

I don't know about Sligo but http://www.vjhomefitness.com/cgi-bin/vj_pros.cgi?id=1009&t=cat&cmd=1 was around the corner from us when we lived in Dublin... recommended

Question:

I'm a dumb belle if thats any good to you?

I should certainly be over the 5kg too...

Culchie wrote: »
    I don't know about Sligo but http://www.vjhomefitness.com/cgi-bin/vj_pros.cgi?id=1009&t=cat&cmd=1 was around the corner from us when we lived in Dublin... recommended

I don't know Dublin - is that place readily accessible via public transit?

Sue - you crack me up :D

Lidl are having hot rollers on sale from Monday for 19.99

(Physical therapy for your shoulders after wrestling the feckers in, not included)

Jack n Jones in Johnston Court have a big sale on today, up to 75% off.
    Vila also in the court have trousers and tops starting from 3 euro.

There's about 500 different massive sales on at the moment (see: Quayside)

But! A few caught my eye especially:

- The Bag Shop in Johnston Court have the vast majority of their handbags, suitcases etc on sale. Some good deals but I didn't find anything I liked that was significantly different from something I already own.

- Cordoner's have some good deals going on shoes at the moment. I got a pair of flats for 30 Euro, which is a STEAL because I wear a size 9 and I've never found shoes in a 9 for less than 70 Euro here.

And... la piece de resistance... my most amazing bargain purchase in my life to date...

Two months ago I saw a lovely dress in the window of Dorothy Perkin's. I loved it on first sight and I wanted it but at 55 Euro and with nowhere to wear it to, I couldn't justify it. However I sighed for a few weeks every time I passed.

Fast forward to today. It's on sale for 22 Euro, it looks faaabulous on me, and I've got a wedding to attend in July, but the zipper is completely fubarred and will need to be replaced. clearly someone thought they could squeeze themselves into it, didn't manage to, and broke the dress in the process.

So I tell the sales assistants about it and they say they can take 10% off. I say that's not enough, it'll take 10 euro (at least) to fix the dress. The manager's on her lunch so they say I can come back in 15 minutes and maybe she can do something for me as they haven't the authority. Lovely girls, btw.

So I come back and I get my 10 euro off. That's right, my dream dress, originally 55 Euro, paid 12. I feel like a superhero. (It's costing me 16 euro to get the zipper replaced... but I doubt they'd have given me that much off!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

sueme wrote: »
    I think the bus to Strandhill goes to the Airport before flights.

Hi sueme

I thought that was a standard for a local airport (not too far from me) to provide bus routes for inbound/outbound domestic/international flights. I'm not from here originally but that's what I would have expected. Very handy airport for Manchester...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

First bus arrives at airport at around 8.10 in the morning. Single fare is €3.10. Bus starts at the Station and picks up beside the Glasshouse.

The last bus is at 6.30 from the Car park in strandhill.
    Unfortunately the bus doesn't pick up from the airport.
    Not sure why!

Advertisement