Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Gillie wrote: »
    First bus arrives at airport at around 8.10 in the morning. Single fare is €3.10. Bus starts at the Station and picks up beside the Glasshouse.

The last bus is at 6.30 from the Car park in strandhill.
    Unfortunately the bus doesn't pick up from the airport.
    Not sure why!

Thanks for the info. Do the local taxis have a rank at the airport for pick up's or do people just ring for a call out?

Culchie wrote: »
    I don't know about Sligo but http://www.vjhomefitness.com/cgi-bin/vj_pros.cgi?id=1009&t=cat&cmd=1 was around the corner from us when we lived in Dublin... recommended

Would Homebase have a section set aside for fitness. Weights, bench press, curls etc. It's certainly big enough. If Champion Sports or Lifestyle came here that would be great. There is a sports shop in the shopping center, when you come in it's right down at the very end. That would be your best bet. It could be Champion or Lifestyle by the way. Good luck getting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Xiney wrote: »
    Question:

where can I get dumbells heavier than 5kg each in Sligo? Elverys only went up to 5kg.

Have you checked lifestyle?

Anybody know when EJ's half price sale is on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I don't know Dublin - is that place readily accessible via public transit?

Sue - you crack me up :D

irish-lifting.com does a wide range of weights,plus mickk(the owner) is a fellow boardsie. they deliver to your house,cheaper than going to dublin!give him a pm or check the website for more info.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

edit:sorry double post-stupid phone. ejs has 25% off atm.also i heard peter john is closing they have a sale on.still dear though.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Question:

where can I get dumbells heavier than 5kg each in Sligo? Elverys only went up to 5kg.

Elverys do an 18KG dumbell set for €50, and also a 20KG set for near enough the same whack. they also come with different weight plates so you can set the weight on the bar (up to 18 or 20 KG of course)

They also do the larger plates separately, and they come in 5 10 15 and 20 KG weights, but are moreso for the barbells really. (Can you tell I've had some inside help with this?;):D;))

Hi guys

Can anybody tell me roughly how much it costs to refill an ink cartridge for a printer. I know there is a place on Wolfe Tonne St that does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

It cost me 28€ total for both the colour & black cartridges so I think it was something like 13€ black, 15€ colour. That was from the place on Thomas Street. (Unfortunately it didn't work - but that's probably more lexmark's fault than theirs)

Cheers. Thanks for that. Gonna suss them out. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

It cost me 28€ total for both the colour & black cartridges so I think it was something like 13€ black, 15€ colour. That was from the place on Thomas Street. (Unfortunately it didn't work - but that's probably more lexmark's fault than theirs)

We used to get our ink from there for our Lexmark and the ink either dried up or ran out VERY quickly!.......

Sorry guys I have to say not the greatest of responses. Is it more prudent to buy a completely new cartridge, cause it's looking that way. I thought it would be better getting a re-fill. Maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I wouldn't recommend refills.. as someone who's works with computers (and it's hardware) for 40 hours a week.

They're far more hassle than it's worth - susceptible to leakages, poor print quality and don't last nearly as long as a new cartridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

basquille wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend refills.. as someone who's works with computers (and it's hardware) for 40 hours a week.

They're far more hassle than it's worth - susceptible to leakages, poor print quality and don't last nearly as long as a new cartridge.

QFT^^^

Thanks for that. Same as myself, I have been working with computers for a long time too. Right now I have a lot of script revision, treatments etc to do and need to get a new ink cartridge. Cheers.

Agreed.

The only reason I tried it was due to the fact that I was incensed that PC World actually have a monopoly on my printer's cartridges. And the retail park is really far away for someone who doesn't drive :(

Money grubbing bashterts. :(

Not in Sligo but as it's the best deal I've ever come across in my entire life (subject to subjectivity) and it's only an hour away, I'm posting it here.

Today Mr. Xiney and I bought 6 huge tomes:

- The complete works of William Shakespeare (Comedies, Tragedies & Sonnets)
    - The complete Sherlock Holmes' collection
    - The complete works of Jane Austen
    - The complete works of Oscar Wilde
    - Six books by Charles Dickens in two volumes

Illustrated, and depending on the volume, sometimes with thousands of black and white and hundreds of colour plates. They're HUGE! They're beautiful...

But the best part...

They're supposed to retail for £75 each - They've been marked down to £5.

Bargain Books, Enniskillen, go now! They've still got a pile of all the different books, new, in their shrinkwrap. You won't find another deal like this again. Ever.

Thumbnails, click to see slightly larger images (Canadian Passport used for scale is same size as an Irish Passport):
    bargainbooks01bt3.th.jpg bargainbooks02ef0.th.jpg bargainbooks03qe0.th.jpg

That's an awesome collection Xiney. When you say Bargain Books, is that the name of the shop you bought them in or did you mean a bargain. I know Easons are in Enniskillen, and maybe Waterstones as well. Do you study theatre?

It's a shop called bargain books across the street from Woolworth's.

I studied biology :P

It's a shop called bargain books across the street from Woolworth's.

I studied biology :P

That's right, I'm sorry. I remember you telling me that. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

They look gorgeous Xiney. Great bargain. How are ye're backs after lugging them home though?!

totally fine - it's actually more convenient for us to get to Enniskillen than the retail park (how ridiculous is that!?)

Plus Mr. Xiney is a strapping young man and I am She-Ra :P

DenMan wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Do the local taxis have a rank at the airport for pick up's or do people just ring for a call out?

They're are always a number of taxis that arrive there for when the planes land.

That's great news to know. Thanks for that. :)

That's terrible isn't it. I went upstairs in Tesco to inquire about my ink cartridge and got blank faces. Surely the people up there must be trained in understanding customer queries? It's off to PC World or Curry's I'm afraid for me....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not exclusive to Sligo.. but Zavvi should be starting a sale in-store tomorrow.

The sale has already started on their website but lots of good bargains to be had - probably won't be as cheap in-store as they are on the site but couple of notables:

House MD (Seasons 1 - 3) - €34 (BUY THIS SHOW NOW!)
    Bioshock (XBox 360) - €17.60
    Battlestar Galactica (Seasons 1 - 3) - €46.50
    Heroes (Season 1) - €34
    The Sopranos (Complete Seasons 1 - 6) - €115

Full sale details here!

Defo gonna suss them out, thanks for the info. :)

That's terrible isn't it. I went upstairs in Tesco to inquire about my ink cartridge and got blank faces. Surely the people up there must be trained in understanding customer queries? It's off to PC World or Curry's I'm afraid for me....:(

Tesco? Training?

bwahahaha. Don't make me laugh.

Wouldn't mind getting the Sopranos. How many seasons are there in total?

• Advertisement

Hell no!
    To be fair i'll happily take their good value over their lack of knowledge of the product!

Advertisement