Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

irish-stew wrote: »
    there working over time in tom tailors, seen some of the fitters in there at about 9.30pm

must be trying to get it open ASAP, although no big announcments about any opeing yet

Really? Makes you wonder why the left the place idle half finished for so long. They were meant to be open at christmas. Spied the place plenty of times when there was diddley squat going on, now all of a sudden there's work aplenty... wierd

BTW Irish Stew, what does YNWA mean? always wondered............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Some guy who was working in Tom Tailor told me it was meant to be opening December 21st 2007.
    Ha
    Half a year later and they are finally there.
    I wonder what the clothes are like?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Presume it's "You'll Never Walk Alone"..

.. Liverpool fan obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Really? Makes you wonder why the left the place idle half finished for so long. They were meant to be open at christmas. Spied the place plenty of times when there was diddley squat going on, now all of a sudden there's work aplenty... wierd

heard that as well about the xmas opening, maybe they meant this xmas, when i seen them working earlier this week, thought a different retailer might have been going in, but still has the tom tailor signage out side

but my question is, what kind of market are they for, think their a german company, first irish outlet apartently

oh, YNWA, you'll never walk alone, liverpool FC motto

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I wonder what the clothes are like?
    Hows your German?:D
    http://www.tom-tailor.de/?go=kategorie/7/1/-1&015462785834887b3c42ea8a

• Advertisement

YNWA, you'll never walk alone, liverpool FC motto

Is that all... Rather disappointing really. There was me thinking that it was some abbreviation for a life affirming staement or something. Oh well......

Anyhoo, back on topic, are Tom Tailor just goign to be another version of Tommy Hilfiger?

sueme wrote: »

not great, although considering that ireland is one of the most expensive places in the eurozone, and looking at those prices, dont think their going to be that cheep

not great, although considering that ireland is one of the most expensive places in the eurozone, and looking at those prices, dont think their going to be that cheep

Those are the 70% off sale prices! Not for me either I'm afraid.

Any chance I can ask a favour here? I'm looking for a plain grey kids sweatshirt, you know the light "sweatshirt grey" (:confused::D) colour? Can't find one anywhere, if anyone spots one it would be great thanks!

Those are the 70% off sale prices! Not for me either I'm afraid.

Any chance I can ask a favour here? I'm looking for a plain grey kids sweatshirt, you know the light "sweatshirt grey" (:confused::D) colour? Can't find one anywhere, if anyone spots one it would be great thanks!

are you referring to the tom tailor site or sligo for the sweats,

;)

are you referring to the tom tailor site or sligo for the sweats,

;)

Does it matter? It'll all be terribly overpriced when it gets here imo

• Advertisement

Does it matter? It'll all be terribly overpriced when it gets here imo

sorry, when i said sligo, i meant the town generally, ie, all the shops, wasn't specific to tom tailors

sorry, when i said sligo, i meant the town generally, ie, all the shops, wasn't specific to tom tailors

So did I, Most stuff is generally overpriced. I mean, look at the price of a Pint nowadays ffs.:D

So did I, Most stuff is generally overpriced. I mean, look at the price of a Pint nowadays ffs.:D

oh, ok

agreed on the prices though, but not exclusive to sligo, cost of clothes is generally expensive, would buy most of mine in next, probably some of the better value stuff, and very good quality, or would buy them in the north or the UK, alot cheeper

as for drink, can hardly afford it, maybe a few times a month, to go out on a saturday night, between, drink, entry to a club, food on the way home, would be lucky to have change from a hundred

but then all of that would be for another thread

I'm confused. Again.

I'm confused. Again.

whats up sue, are we rambling

whats up sue, are we rambling

Grand, thought it was me. I'm off to me leaba. Night all.

I'm confused. Again.

Allow me to Clarify. The solution to all of our money woes is to buy all of our clothes on a thursday in Lids and drink nothing but noting but Graffenwalder (€3 something for 4) and we can all have plenty of cash........ only with nothing do spend it on.... Dammit!:D:D:D

Allow me to Clarify. The solution to all of our money woes is to buy all of our clothes on a thursday in Lids and drink nothing but noting but Graffenwalder (€3 something for 4) and we can all have plenty of cash........ only with nothing do spend it on.... Dammit!:D:D:D

drinks not bad out of it actully, and can can some good deals there on certain products, but dont think i'd be going there specially for my clothes

depending what your looking for, jean scene can have some good deals, think they do some kids stuff as well 'sueme'

anyhow, i'm away as well, night night all

;)

Says Mr flashy Big Mac... its Euro Saver Meals for us, and thats only when we get the Childers Allowance. :pac:

Exit does have some good stuff for kids, not that 'spensive either, was pleasantly surprised I was when i moseyed in there one day.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

there working over time in tom tailors, seen some of the fitters in there at about 9.30pm

must be trying to get it open ASAP, although no big announcments about any opeing yet

The Sligo Post had a big ad saying 'Opening Now'!
    So does that mean 'Open now' or 'Opening soon'?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Is the Next sale still on?

gustavo wrote: »
    Is the Next sale still on?

Yes it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Has anyone else been to the second hand shop down the quay across the road from Plush Interiors? They have quite a lot of books (mostly fantasy stuff) some clothes/shoes, bits of furniture, and other odds and ends. Worth a root around in IMO! :)

genie wrote: »
    Has anyone else been to the second hand shop down the quay across the road from Plush Interiors? They have quite a lot of books (mostly fantasy stuff) some clothes/shoes, bits of furniture, and other odds and ends. Worth a root around in IMO! :)

Yep I've been in there, bought a couple of bits. Some things are a good price but others are very expensive. Handy shop though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

well. There goes my paycheck. Second hand books and furniture? Deadandgonetoheaven.

magnumlady wrote: »
    The Sligo Post had a big ad saying 'Opening Now'!
    So does that mean 'Open now' or 'Opening soon'?:confused:

in refernce to tom tailors, the doors are open, but shop is still empty and full of workmen, going in and out of open doors

maybe thats what they mean by open now

:D

in refernce to tom tailors, the doors are open, but shop is still empty and full of workmen, going in and out of open doors

maybe thats what they mean by open now

:D

lol, maybe I can buy a workman:p

Says Mr flashy Big Mac... its Euro Saver Meals for us, and thats only when we get the Childers Allowance. :pac:

its not just you Sueme, Me is in the same boat at the moment. I'm new to this now, so aint even got my first one yet, but trust me when it does..............I'm gonna have me three eurosaver burgers.... Put that in your smoke and pipe it!!!:D:D:D
    genie wrote: »

I thought so too. Went in once for a nose and it smelled funny. Put me right off since...... has it improved any since?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 carebare

Was in Tom Tailor today, nice enough little dear though everthing is 50% off for next 2 weeks I think.

Advertisement