Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Quote:
    Originally Posted by genie
    Has anyone else been to the second hand shop down the quay across the road from Plush Interiors? They have quite a lot of books (mostly fantasy stuff) some clothes/shoes, bits of furniture, and other odds and ends. Worth a root around in IMO!

I thought so too. Went in once for a nose and it smelled funny. Put me right off since...... has it improved any since?

I didn't notice a smell when I was in there. Mind you, it was a warm day and they had the shop door open! :D

I do notice that second hand and charity shops here don't clean the clothes they receive as much as they perhaps should. I volunteered in a charity shop in the UK for a while and all the clothes were steamed to within an inch of their lives before being put on sale. The worst charity shop I was ever in was in Longford. The clothes absolutely stank it was disgusting! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

magnumlady wrote: »
    lol, maybe I can buy a workman:p

With 50% off I think I'll have one too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

sueme wrote: »
    With 50% off I think I'll have one too!

Maybe we'll get a buy one great one free:D

Maybe we'll get a buy one great one free:D

Only if theres a 14 day no quibble money back guarantee. If he quibbles he's gone. Can't stand a quibbling man me..

Big_Mac wrote: »
    its not just you Sueme, Me is in the same boat at the moment. I'm new to this now, so aint even got my first one yet, but trust me when it does..............I'm gonna have me three eurosaver burgers.... Put that in your smoke and pipe it!!!:D:D:D

Three indeed. :rolleyes: Don't you know you've got to have at least four kids for the serious bucks to roll in once a month?

Congratulations! Hope your all getting a bit of sleep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was in Tom Tailors on Saturday too.. some nice stuff but as usual, we're getting screwed with the euro price as compared to the sterling equivalent.

Ah well, c'est la vie I suppose!

basquille wrote: »
    Was in Tom Tailors on Saturday too.. some nice stuff but as usual, we're getting screwed with the euro price as compared to the sterling equivalent.

Claires Accessories (Little Girl Heaven) had £2.50/€5 last time we were in. That's a bit of a p*ss take.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

although the only other tom tailer near us is in germany, although we're probably also screwed compared to main land euro prices as well

:D

The euro shop is open again in Quayside:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I saw that shop,its called Priceless,I didn't go in though.

Went into TK Maxx and spent €140 and then they tell me they have no carrier bags:mad:

Tom Talior isn't that great,not a great addition to the town in my opinion.And someone said earlier that the nearest one was in Germany,I'm nearly sure there is one in the Jervis Centre in Dublin and another in Belfast with plans to open more in Limerick, Maynooth, Kilkenny, Craigavon but I don't know if they are open yet or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 mrs munch 2000

The Maynooth shop is open - has been for quite a while. Denim-ish only tho'. Jervis St has a better selection. The Sligo shop was to have been the first Irish shop if it had opened when first announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Gillie wrote: »
    First bus arrives at airport at around 8.10 in the morning. Single fare is €3.10. Bus starts at the Station and picks up beside the Glasshouse.

and first flight is about 30 to 40 mins later, thankfully not to far to walk from check in to departures

:D
    Gillie wrote: »
    The last bus is at 6.30 from the Car park in strandhill.
    Unfortunately the bus doesn't pick up from the airport.
    Not sure why!

it does on request, you need to ring the bus station is advance, am quite surprised though the bus times dont co-inside with the flight times, theres about an hour or so between the dublin flight arriving and the bus leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Anyone know where I can get some stylish yet cheap airtight containers? I bought a load of spices from the Indian Spice place on the High Street last week. Looking for a few in about 300ml and a few in 500 ml capacity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Tesco or dunnes have a wide range of tupperware.Alternatively,recycle jam jars.

thought of the jam jars but would rather like to avoid glass due to klutziness and a prior incident with linseed in a glass jar meeting my floor and the result being disasterous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Xiney wrote: »

thought of the jam jars but would rather like to avoid glass due to klutziness and a prior incident with linseed in a glass jar meeting my floor and the result being disasterous.

OOh, Nasty:(. Not a fan of licorice anymore then no?

...?

licorice?

...?

licorice?
    DOH! Confused Aniseed with Linseed.:rolleyes:

ah.

for the record I'm actually not really fond of black liquorice. Red liquorice, on the other hand... is my favourite candy. And it's unavailable here waaaaaaaah :(

Edited to add: Hear that!? Sligo should get one of those posh candy shops that stock candy from around the world. Preferably in the next few weeks before I go to Galway. Which hopefully has such a candy shop. I need Twizzlers.

for the record I'm actually not really fond of black liquorice. Red liquorice, on the other hand... is my favourite candy. And it's unavailable here waaaaaaaah :(

Edited to add: Hear that!? Sligo should get one of those posh candy shops that stock candy from around the world. Preferably in the next few weeks before I go to Galway. Which hopefully has such a candy shop. I need Twizzlers.
    Indeed.. brought back 2 big bags of Red Twizzlers from Orlando! :D

Sligo also needs a store that stocks New Balance runners.. Elvery's have one or two pairs occassionally but that's it! :(

• Advertisement

I need Twizzlers.
    Mmmmmm, Twizzlers, sherbet sticks, golf balls, apple drops, sour drops, teeth, gobstoppers, fizzers, sugar mice, candy neclaces and watches, black jacks, dolly mix....... *starts drooling uncontrollably*

Sligo also needs a store that stocks New Balance runners.. Elvery's have one or two pairs occassionally but that's it! :(

Ooooh yes on the New Balance!

and when I visit my parents at Christmas I'm bringing an extra suitcase home with me... half of it will be Twizzlers.

Are new balance not the own brand of runners from smElverys?

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Are new balance not the own brand of runners from smElverys?
    Nope.. by no means, they're a fairly lucrative brand of runners in the US. They have their own dedicated shops and all.

New Balance

Without doubt, the most comfortable runners available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

genie wrote: »
    I'd love an Easons in Sligo, I think we're the only large town that doesn't have a branch, or am I wrong. Is someone keeping Easons out of Sligo? Having said that, I think if we were going to get an Easons in there it would have been listed with the other 'big name' shops, so don't hold your breath. :(

I'd love a Heaton's too, the one in Carrick on Shannon is great, but I agree, it would be suited to a more out of town location like Carrick's branch.

Easons have been in O'Connell Street for the past year! - they are a franchise.

Essexboy wrote: »
    Easons have been in O'Connell Street for the past year! - they are a franchise.
    Check out when that was posted, EssexBoy... it was over a year ago.

And Eason's only opened November 29th last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Check out when that was posted, EssexBoy... it was over a year ago.

And Eason's only opened November 29th last year.

Whoops! :o

Anyone been in this shop?
    I'm intrigued.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnumlady/2741279097/

Mr Xiney and I noticed it the other day

my, but Sligo is becoming so cosmopolitan...

• Advertisement

Anyone been in this shop?
    I'm intrigued.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnumlady/2741279097/
    For gay astronauts?!

Advertisement