Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping/Bargain Alerts In Sligo Town/County (Merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I saw this over in Bargain Alerts,its not exclusive to Sligo but can be used in the Sligo branch.

http://www2.pizzahutoffers.co.uk/edi2/?utm_source=affiliate1&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=edi2+2008+08

I just got myself a voucher for the Sligo branch:)
    Quackles did mention (and I saw it up there myself) that the Sligo branch specifically has a sign saying "Vouchers will not be honoured!".. absolute crap considering they're a chain! :mad:

Also, Tesco are selling Premium XBox 360's (with Call of Duty 3) for €150 (down from €269) but they're not for sale in every Tesco. They had a few left yesterday at about 6pm but they're probably close to being sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

Yep thats the place, at the very least they should be able to point you in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

basquille wrote: »
    Quackles did mention (and I saw it up there myself) that the Sligo branch specifically has a sign saying "Vouchers will not be honoured!".. absolute crap considering they're a chain! :mad:

Also, Tesco are selling Premium XBox 360's (with Call of Duty 3) for €150 (down from €269) but they're not for sale in every Tesco. They had a few left yesterday at about 6pm but they're probably close to being sold out.

I phoned Tesco as soon as I read about xbox and they don't have any left - not surprising..... BUT the offer doesn't finish till 30th September! They just don't know when it will be coming in again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

niiiiice

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Yes, I just tried to use one there and they wouldn't accept it. :rolleyes: Will be writing a Victor Meldrew type e-mail to Pizza Hut. :D

• Advertisement

genie wrote: »
    Yes, I just tried to use one there and they wouldn't accept it. :rolleyes: Will be writing a Victor Meldrew type e-mail to Pizza Hut. :D
    Yeah, somewhat assumed they wouldn't as I saw the same sign up there before. It is crap.. but I'd assume it's the owner of the establishment's discretion as to whether they accept a voucher. But for fecks sake..!

Not a fan of the food there anyways.

Yeah, somewhat assumed they wouldn't as I saw the same sign up there before. It is crap.. but I'd assume it's the owner of the establishment's discretion as to whether they accept a voucher. But for fecks sake..!

Someone took the voucher away and showed it to the manager and it came back with a no. Was going to argue but then a mini bus full of kids came in so I made my escape! :D Had a chineese takeaway in Collooney instead and very nice it was too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

There's a guy by the name of Wesley Rowlette in Dromohair who'd do it. Just google his name and you'll find his contacts

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Don't know if it's been posted up yet but everything in Tom Tailer is 50% off.

There's no TK Maxx in Galway!?

....I've made a terrible mistake. I should have stocked up on workout gear and household items while I could.

sad0004.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Xiney wrote: »
    There's no TK Maxx in Galway!?

....I've made a terrible mistake. I should have stocked up on workout gear and household items while I could.

sad0004.gif

I'm sorry Xiney, but I laughed:D:rolleyes:
    Maybe Sligo isn't so bad after all?
    On the plus side you have an Argos.

magnumlady wrote: »
    I'm sorry Xiney, but I laughed:D:rolleyes:
    Maybe Sligo isn't so bad after all?
    On the plus side you have an Argos.

Yeah but ye are getting an Argos anyway :(

Just got a reply to my Victor Meldrew type e-mail:
    Thank you for your message. I apologise for the delayed response.

I am sorry but I am unable to respond to comments about huts in the Irish Republic.
    I have therefore forwarded you question to the Franchise who owns the Sligo Hut and asked him to respond directly to you.

I am sorry that I can not help more.

Jim Nelhams
    Customer Services

So the Sligo Pizza Hut is a franchise. :rolleyes:

Went into the Marie Celeste Currys this afternoon to buy a fridge freezer only to find that the one I wanted had gone up by €30 in only a week. :eek: :mad:

Tried to find a member of staff to query it but I might as well have been looking for hen's teeth.

Currys = Useless

:rolleyes:

Saw a sign on the window while walking past Four Star Pizza.. you get €30 mobile phone credit (for any network) if you spend €20 on a pizza. Not too shabby!

Shame i'm not a fan of Four Star!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Same as me, not a fan. Dominos rules. They are the undisputed kings of the pizza world (in Sligo) :)

Agreed.. they'd a great offer on during the Summer, but it's finished now! :(

Buy any large pizza and 4 cans of Coke and get another another pizza free. So you got 2 large pizzas (with double decadence crust... nyum!) and 4 cans of Coke for €23.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭rcecil

There's a bargain book seller/exchange in Ballymote (20 mins from Sligo) Most books 2-4 euros. Gives shop credit for paperbacks brought in. Upstairs from Check Out. M-F 12-6 and Sat 10-4. Nice people.

rcecil wrote: »
    There's a bargain book seller/exchange in Ballymote (20 mins from Sligo) Most books 2-4 euros. Gives shop credit for paperbacks brought in. Upstairs from Check Out. M-F 12-6 and Sat 10-4. Nice people.

I was in there today, pretty good selection of books.

I also discovered a second hand place also in Ballymote called Mundy's. It's a few doors up from the blinds shop (now closed) opposite Perry's Hardware (which has really gone downhill IMO). Mundy's is in an old theatre/church hall and has furniture, some electrical goods, books, records, and bric a brac. Good for a root around in. :)

The book shop is great, lovely people.

Never got into Mundys, sounds like a great place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Went into the Marie Celeste Currys this afternoon to buy a fridge freezer only to find that the one I wanted had gone up by €30 in only a week. :eek: :mad:

Tried to find a member of staff to query it but I might as well have been looking for hen's teeth.

Currys = Useless

:rolleyes:

That happened me before!
    Disaster!

man, that really blows.

Prices in shops never go UP in Canada - only down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

If anybody is interested, the Wii and Wii fit are in stock again around Sligo (don't know how long for though?) Smyths has a special promotion on as well! Yes we got ours yesterday!:D:D:D For the kids of course *cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Bit of a strange one, this, but here goes! :D

Is there anywhere in Sligo town where my brother can get a chain saw chain sharpened?

Thanks! :D

probably a bit late, but if you go down to ncf down the docks and you can get a wee yoke for sharpening them yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mdrizzle

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    probably a bit late, but if you go down to ncf down the docks and you can get a wee yoke for sharpening them yourself

Ya but if u use the file incorrectly u could end up with the chain saw teeth worse than ever

aye, i'm used to doing it, it'd prob be best to leave it to the professionals if it's the kind of thing that gets dragged out once in a blue moon

The book shop in the Quayside has gone already:(

there was a bookshop in the quayside?
    that's news to me

It was next to the pound shop...shame, it was only open for about a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Don't worry it's not gone.I was in it yesterday,it has moved to where the Jewlers was and now they have made Priceless bigger:D

Advertisement